I'm sooooo nervous!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

rob s.

Aug 8, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Got my first proper dj-ing job tonight - only in my college (200-300 people) but it's the first time I've been paid for playing and I'm brickin' it!

Phew! Any hints on how to get rid of the butterflies in my tummy! Gonna be mixing like I've got ski-mittens on at this rate!

-- Nervous Bob :)

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
ul b right mate - 10 minutes at first ul prolly plop it hard but after that buddy it all just comes back 2 ya n ya get on with the job in hand n then yall start 2 enjoy it.

good luck with it mate n let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
i agree with butty....just enjoy yourself and all will go smooth m8

gettin paid for something u love doin...i reckon it can only make you better

HAVE A GR8 NIGHT!!!

jayne x

rob s.

Aug 8, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Blimey - glad that's over with :)

Was a cool night in the end - ended up spinning some hip-hop and funky breaks for a couple of hours, which was dead good fun. The sound system was dead ropey so beatmixing was a right 'mare but I got the hang of it eventually!

The bloke that came on after me was really bad which meant that people remembered me as being loads better than I was so that's a bit of a result :)

Next event's in March, and then Oakey and Coxy and them lads had better watch out!

Cheers for the supportive words Butty & Glazzy!

:thumbsup:

:) :drum: :)

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Nice 1 Rob fella

I have done a lot of big nights Djing mate, and I can tell you now fella. You will always get the butterflies m8, you would not be human if ya did not chap

Top job well done m8, glad to hear it went well for ya buddy

M Jaxx:phones: :phones:

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Well done fella:thumbsup:

I remember doin a nite in a club called casi in Warrington, the decks were fooked and the mixer was prehistoric:crazy: , after a while i got into it, it did help that the bloke after me was complete bobbins:axe: