help needed with Mediafire

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
On the mo-fo'in 1's and 2's
is anybody else having problems uploading to Mediafire.com ????
i've had an account for ages and already have loads of files stored but recently i can't seem to get any files to upload properly, the file uploads and when finished it says upload complete but in the top corner of the upload box next to the file size it says "failure" and the file isn't in the folder ?????:confused:

i even started a brand new account to see if this helps but that does just the same :mad: :mad: :mad:

wondered if anyone else is getting this or if it's just my PC .... *edit* i've just tried uploading from my mrs' laptop and that didn't work either, am wondering if it's an IP address thing now :(

Cheers,
Robbie :D

Last edited:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
Hiya Robbie, I've been having the same problem for about 3 weeks now. I have been intouch with MF and you should too. Are you using Virgin by any chance? I ask because MF seem to be blaming them.

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
Hiya Robbie, I've been having the same problem for about 3 weeks now. I have been intouch with MF and you should too. Are you using Virgin by any chance? I ask because MF seem to be blaming them.

yes i am mate, if its a problem with Virgin then i guess i'm screwed cos i aint swapping internet provider just cos of that.lol

thanks for the reply Chris, at least i know it's not just me now :thumbsup:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
yes i am mate, if its a problem with Virgin then i guess i'm screwed cos i aint swapping internet provider just cos of that.lol

thanks for the reply Chris, at least i know it's not just me now :thumbsup:

I think MF are trying to pass the buck here cos I've been in touch with Virgin over this and the say that anything at their end should NOT stop anyone UPloading. They can stop you DOWNloading. I can use other file saver sites Divshare etc etc etc so it must be Mediafire's problem. :thumbsup:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
This is a copy of the email I recieved after they had been trying to sort it for 2 weeks... ...
Hello,
Thank you for contacting MediaFire. We would like to thank you for your patience and willingness to assist us in troubleshooting the uploading issue that you are currently experiencing. After much research and troubleshooting our Technical Team has come to the conclusion that there have been some changes made by your ISP Virgin Media. We have received numerous complaints from users such as yourself that are experiencing the same frustration as you are and all are customers of Virgin Media.

We would like you to know that we have attempted to contact Virgin Media and have received no response. We would suggest that you contact your provider. You can call Virgin Media (from your Virgin Media Phone by dialing 151 or) at 0845 454 1111 and tell them you are not happy that this issue is occurring.

Hearing from customers may help expedite the process of us working with them to resolve the matter.

Again, we thank you for your patience in this matter and look forward to a long working relationship with you.

Best Regards,

Andrea,
The Mediafire Team

I then sent them details of other peeps having problems. I googled "having problems uploading to Mediafire" and found loads of blogs and websites with peeps having problems. I also asked them if this issue was ever going to be resolved and am I ever going to be able to use Mediafire ever again. This is their reply... ...

Hi Mr Martin,

At this point we have troubleshooted the issue from all angles. Normally the error you are receiving is a rare isolated error that may occur once but when attempting to upload the file or a different file again within a short period of time will usually not re-occur.

In this particular instance, we have number one narrowed down this error occuring among clients in the United Kingdom. This was why we asked for trace routes so we could attempt to isolate where the error was occuring. We also perform our own testing as well. We found out that the vast majority of users experiencing this particular error were customers of Virgin Media. We have also had a few other clients with different ISPs have the same error. However, they are all located in the UK and in the same IP range. This was why we suggested that they contact their ISP as well.

Until Virgin Media is able to look at the issue and possibly be willing to contact us with any additional details regarding any issues on their end, unfortunately there is not much that we are able to do. We spent over a week trying to resolve the error and was unsuccessful in doing so. I have worked with our technical team for quite some time. They are very diligent in what they do and are normally able to repair errors in a very timely fashion if it is an error on our end. We made every effort to resolve this issue and to find the nature of the cause. Unfortunately the cause of the error is with your ISP which will cause more delay in resolving the issue. We apologize for this inconveniece and recommend that you speak directly with your ISP technical division for furhter assistance.

Best Regards,
Karen
The MediaFire Team

:turn:

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
cheers for the info mate, i already use 4shared aswell but some tool who i sent a mix to on facebook reported it as spam so i now cant send out any of my mixes via facebook using 4shared, is there any other filesharing accounts that are free and hold your files permanently ?
i understand mediafire is one of the best for this, i know some only hold you file for a week or for a limited amount of downloads :(

cheers,
Robbie.

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
cheers for the info mate, i already use 4shared aswell but some tool who i sent a mix to on facebook reported it as spam so i now cant send out any of my mixes via facebook using 4shared, is there any other filesharing accounts that are free and hold your files permanently ?
i understand mediafire is one of the best for this, i know some only hold you file for a week or for a limited amount of downloads :(

cheers,
Robbie.

I've started using Divshare. The files are stored in your account, no waiting time for downloading and a listening bar too. Divshare could be the future.

DivShare - Sign Up

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
Just got this email from Mediafire today... ... ...

Hello Chris,

We have spoken with Virgin Media regarding the upload issue our clients have been facing. Virgin Media has been able to determine the cause that has been preventing you from uploading files to our servers.We are currently working with them to resolve this issue and are hoping to have it repaired by the end of the day. We will update you with further details. Once again thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best Regards,

Karen
The MediaFire Team

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chris Martin

Nov 9, 2007
Hello Chris,

Our technical department has been able to release a fix which will allow you to upload files to Mediafire. We have tested it and the uploader is now working for Virgin Media users. However, it does require that you clear your cache prior to beginning your uploads. Thank you again for your patience in this matter.

Best Regards,

Karen
The MediaFire Team

Everything's AOK at my end now. I can upload again. phones: phones: :thumbsup: