Goodtimes Nights

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Unfortuantely, and it hurts me to say or think about it, but I never ever went to Shelleys!!!!

I was a die hard Bowlers head for years and years.

Anyway, having had the LIFE night on the 2nd feb, and the Sequins set in March at GT. I reckon it would be pretty cool to maybe have Daz Willott and or Altern8 at GT at some stage.

MInd you, I have absolutely no complaints about GT, its raving heaven!!!!!

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Tooooooones

This one is mainly for Ben (Or anyone else straight sweded enough to remember the tunes that get played at GT!):

I have been at the pub 2nite diwscussing

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
I think I pressed the wrong button cos I didnt finish me post!

GT an all thangs old skool and I cant remember New Atlantic "I Know" or Orbital "Chimes" being played. Have they?, can they be played.

The things we discuss over beers eh?

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Play it Please

Aha, I missed the Boxing Day GT as I was ill, As ya know cos I missed that top Sy seT!!!So please play me that toon bud as I will be waitng for it.

As for other tunes, well I am sure they will all be banging classisc, however a bit of ultracynic like Absolute played would go down a treat. Are you after them as PA for the future?:joker:

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
u surely mean ultrasonic!!! ( and yeah could play it at next GT as i purcashed the very tune last month for a measly £60!!!!! lol! tis my most prized vinly!! but am quite sure rikkee will play it in his sequins set !!!;) and would love them to PA at GT but from what ive been told and seen ultrasonic are now known as public domain!!!!! (couldnt belive when i read it ! so not to sure if theyll still do PAs !??!)

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Yeah I do mate, sorry too much alcohol this evening!. That tune is a must play for next month methinks.

I am shokced to hear that they are now Public Domain, but we could do with a bit of their original quality. Mind you there are loads of quaolity pa's which would be great to see again (sHADEs OF rHYTHM,New Atlantic etc etc) and I am sure you agree.

I am really looking forward to the Sequins set, Ionly have a couple of Sequins tapes, one of which is the 'Last Night at Sequins' and if we get a set half as good as that I will be absolutely lovin' it....more than I can comprehend!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
LAST NITE AT SEQUINS !! i have that very tape !!! and it fekin rocks !!! dj rikkee & funky b will rock you on a jorney to midnite !! lol!! the mcs on that tape rock as well!!! cant seem to find my copy though could you do me a copy of it fella??? oh and spoke to rikkee and hes gonna play very similar to the last nite at sequins!! all the harder pumped up stuff!! cant wait !!! :D :D

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Sequins

I can do the copy for you no probs mate, But I warn you the quality is quite poor.

Email me your details and I'll get it sorted.

Another top bit of it is "Handin' you over to the AJ, about this time in the evenin' he would normally say....The BEAT, The BASE, The BOOM, The BANG....hOLD ON, i'LL give yer to the AJ....hE'LL DO IT" .....Let it gooooo!!!!!

The MC'S on that have to be the best I have heard, just gutted I didnt bother going..What was up with me that night I ask myself!!!!

Let us know if youve got any similarly pumping tapes sir...expanding the collection is never bad.

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
yes mate they are 2 diff groups ,ultracynic is from manchester and ultrasonic are from scotland !! was just pacman that got em mixed up thinkin that ultracynic got p[layed at gt when it was ultrasonic !! errr fek im startin to confuse me self now!!! lol!!

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Pacman got confused cos he drank too much!

Ultracynic were indeed from Manchester, The original lead singer was from Cheadle but she unfortunately died in a car accident.

Ultrasonic are indeed the scottish ones. I am a confued wreck, I keep looking at what I have wrote and thinking, Eerrm is that right?!!!!

The Sequins tape aint too bad but if youve got a perfect copy then you be a lucky git.

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Dj Ben Fisher said:
yes mate they are 2 diff groups ,ultracynic is from manchester and ultrasonic are from scotland !! was just pacman that got em mixed up thinkin that ultracynic got p[layed at gt when it was ultrasonic !! errr fek im startin to confuse me self now!!! lol!!

ULTRASONIC ar the MUTTS NUTTS !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But having said that I have both Ultracynic & Ultrasonic in my collection !!! :phones: :phones: