90/91 House Track with soaring synth flute?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

earlgrey

Nov 24, 2010
Trying to ID a track from around 90/91 featuring a very distinctive soaring flute - in fact the flute was pretty much the tune.

I'm pretty sure it was a synth flute patch - more the kind of thing I'd associate with cheesy New Age music, Clannad, Enya etc, or perhaps a shampoo advert, rather than a house track. Despite all that, at 4 in the morning I remember it actually sounding pretty good - having something an unearthly almost heavenly quality to it.

Any ideas?

earlgrey

Nov 24, 2010
Nice try, but that's not it.

And yes, I haven't given much to go on.

The flute in the tune you gave is similar - def. a balearic number - and that kind of breathy, almost pan pipe/shakuhachi sound.

The flute in my track is *much* more prominent. It's really a track that's built around the flute. And, as I said, it's a line that really soars, there's a run of 4 or 5 notes up the scale, a note is held before the melody glides back down (I think there's some vibrato and/or pitchbend/portamento going on).

If it helps, I heard it played a few times at Audacity/Dream at the Trades Hall, Chapeltown, Leeds, which I think was 90/91, but I could be wrong.

Knuckleheadz

Jul 2, 2011
sounds obvious but its not Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm is it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MtUXW4_0BY]YouTube - ‪Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm‬‏[/ame]