2Kinky at The View Frodsham

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
THis old raver hasn't been out for a while so I was looking forward to this. THe View is on top of Frodsham Hill, which is just off the M56 between Warrington and Chester. It is up a very dark county lane, the back of beyond really, so you need a car.

Its just one main room with a DJ Box and stage . The Old skool theme meant that there were skimpily dressed dancers in skool uniform around.........worth the 12 pound entrance fee then.

We got there at tennish and it was quiet, had a beer or two and then it all goes a bit hazy Im afraid. I do remember hearing Dream UR The best thing, KKlass, Young MC, but the undoubted stomper of my night was 3 is family Dana dawson. I havent heard that in ages, and couldn't help but bounce around the dancefloor like Tigger with a big grin on my face, singing like a maddun.

Paul Taylor is seriously a man who loves the tunes he's playing. He was bringing stuff in with his eyes closed, singing along, so nice to see a DJ who really LOVES his music.

The crowd was ranting for one more at the end, and he proceeded to do about five, Sweet Harmony, Lisa Lisa, Candi Stanton and a couple of others we all know but I don't know the name of!

All in all a wicked wicked night out, spent all night throwing my shapes. Well worth checking out in the future!!
:drum: :love: :drum: :fekked: :love: :crazy: :drum: :guitar:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
I have been myself beginning of the year so i can reccomend it too. A group of us from wakey went in a coach. The place was rammed. It was only small from what i can remember and someone told me you can see the river from the club but i was that mullered i forgot to look for it. Mr T was playing and rocked it all night although i can't remember what he played other than parradice- can you hear me. If your thinking of going you definetly need transport but i can highly recommend it.

Think i might venture over again before the years over;)

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Thanks for the kind words lads!
They also played Nightcrawlers, Bizzarre Inc playing with knives, Jamiroquai's Morales Mix, and that new Billie Jean Mix and Shiney Disco Balls got a blast mixed in there as well. Oh yes, its all coming back to me now!!!
Now it is Tuesday and I have ridden myself of the post euphoria 'black dog' I can confirm it was a real cracker of an evening. There was one weirdo roaming the dancefloor looking like a rapist, but apart from him, the vibe was really friendly, just like the old days!

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Ha ha - pissing myself laughin'!

It wasn't you mate Ive seen your mush on the website, and believe me this guy was a whole lot more unusual!:crazy: :cops: :naughty:

Next time we go you should try and make it mate, it was cock on!!
:guitar: :phones: :guitar:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
edinjapan said:
Ha ha - pissing myself laughin'!

It wasn't you mate Ive seen your mush on the website, and believe me this guy was a whole lot more unusual!:crazy: :cops: :naughty:

Next time we go you should try and make it mate, it was cock on!!
:guitar: :phones: :guitar:

wil ytr mate have trubble gettin out n about coz of this wooden leg (lol j/j) and never have no transportation but il try me bestest to get down sounds like my kinda place