Your Clubbing C.V.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
(the night salford took over,a night never to forget)

I remember somethin similar in a club in warrington, fook knows which one -you found Mr Smiths and carried on down that road then cut right down a warren of old streets, a reet fuckin dive..
In came tha salford boys and said "right, were takin over!"
My mate stood up and said, "what? You want the fucking accounts books and the fucking deeds?"

Laughing my fuckin' arse off doesnt nearly cover it :mad:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
and the scariest club i have ever been was the banshee(manchester):crazy:

:LOL: never thought of it as scary - did you mean the lack of being able to see anything a foot in front of you due to the overuse of smoke machines and the pounding bollock hard techno they played ? Otherwise, never any trouble in there at all... .

Whipper

Sep 4, 2010
Salford
:LOL: never thought of it as scary - did you mean the lack of being able to see anything a foot in front of you due to the overuse of smoke machines and the pounding bollock hard techno they played ? Otherwise, never any trouble in there at all... .

Banshee? That was facing where Rotters used to be wasn`t it,where you went down stairs to get in.If it`s the same place i never found it intimidating..

The most intimidating club i went in was just past the Mancunian Way along Upper Brook St ( can`t remember the name)but called the African club now,only went in once but shit myself.

Last edited:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Banshee? That was facing where Rotters used to be wasn`t it,where you went down stairs to get in.If it`s the same place i never found it intimidating..

Yeah, that's that one.

The most intimidating club i went in was just past the Mancunian Way along Upper Brook St ( can`t remember the name)but called the African club now,only went in once but shit myself.

Could either be The Park (previously Man Alive) or The Zoo (not sure what that was before it was the zoo though) ?

Thought The Park/Man Alive was great, nice little sweatbox - I did a few nights there in 97/98 and had no probs at all.

There was a Timeless night on at The Zoo though in 2003/2004 I think that finished before 12 as it kicked off that bad police/ambulance were there and they shut the night down, which is never the best when you are off your face :fekked: :cops: :crazy:

Whipper

Sep 4, 2010
Salford
Yeah, that's that one.

Could either be The Park (previously Man Alive) or The Zoo (not sure what that was before it was the zoo though) ?

Thought The Park/Man Alive was great, nice little sweatbox - I did a few nights there in 97/98 and had no probs at all.

There was a Timeless night on at The Zoo though in 2003/2004 I think that finished before 12 as it kicked off that bad police/ambulance were there and they shut the night down, which is never the best when you are off your face :fekked: :cops: :crazy:

Man Alive rings a bell.
It was around 92/93 when i went,we were the only whites in there.It never kicked off or anything but you can always tell when a crowd is moody and that was one of those nights.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Man Alive rings a bell.
It was around 92/93 when i went,we were the only whites in there.It never kicked off or anything but you can always tell when a crowd is moody and that was one of those nights.

Thats a bit out of order. Being in the SE and London we used to go to Spats on Oxford Street which ran on Sundays after Breakfast Club which ran after Astoria......yes 18 hours solid hardcore in 3 different clubs. Spats was a club attended by nearly 100% black guys and women and to be honest being as white as they come, I was made to feel realy realy welcome by everybody.

My attitude was and still is, I dont care about your colour or background, I went out for a good laugh and good time and I simply ignored any moody attitudes which started to break into the scene mid 1991.

S

Whipper

Sep 4, 2010
Salford
Thats a bit out of order. Being in the SE and London we used to go to Spats on Oxford Street which ran on Sundays after Breakfast Club which ran after Astoria......yes 18 hours solid hardcore in 3 different clubs. Spats was a club attended by nearly 100% black guys and women and to be honest being as white as they come, I was made to feel realy realy welcome by everybody.

My attitude was and still is, I dont care about your colour or background, I went out for a good laugh and good time and I simply ignored any moody attitudes which started to break into the scene mid 1991.

S

Why just because i mention a colour is it classed as being racist?

I`m far from that,all this race card stuff does my head in.All i said was we were the only white guys in there.

Benny Brazil

Oct 18, 2011
Edinburgh
1989 - Lots of independant nites put on around Edinburgh (acid/house)
1990 - The wee red bar (Edinburgh Art College - New beat,Euro techno)
1990-1994 Metropolis,Saltcoats, Awesome 101 events, Calton Studios, Technodrome rave, Earthquaker rave, Fubar,9c club,Rezerection Raves (covering euro,breakbeat and italian piano)

Highlight - everything above..

WOW - Could be my CV - pretty much the same clubs except the wee red bar.

Calton Studios,9c and the Citrus Club in Edinburgh - some awesome nights in there.
The Metro in Saltcoats - only went a few times but great time had by all

Technodrome - what a night - what a hazy night- god knows how I managed to drive home after!!
Early Rezerections were good.

Not to forget Ibiza - every club there gets a 10/10 in my book - what a mess I came back in after a holiday there!

Last edited:

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
Cant beat the Quad!

August 1990, went to Quadrant Park and it changed my life! Went every week from then on. Kept going till it got shut in 91. best time of my life, nothing comes close! (it re opened again in 92 but was nevar the same). Also went the all nighter. Interesting place, shadey as fuck!

91, still going the Quad. Also going the Grand in New Brighton. Small club and the mixing could be painful, but the tunes and atmosphere were awesome.

Also went to Club 4 in Widnes. It was the old railwaymans social club and scruffy as fuck, but it pumped!

Followed the new age travellers for a bit. Moreton, Deeside Industrial Park and Newtown. Crazy people!

Went to The Basement, in Birkenhead as well. Sweaty little cellar in a proper shadey town. Good techno tunes, but loads of shadey shell suits! Also went the Pleasuredrome Birkenhead. Not bad.

Did a few nights in the eclipse, bradford uni, shellys, wigan pier and the early days at maximes. All pretty good.

92, did the 051, State, but starting to get to commercial.

Been a long time now, but still love it!!! :fekked:

Last edited:

reetdad

VIP Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
legends
Started off with park hall late 80's

Then off to the Quad for a few weeks

Then Blackpool beckoned and as we were a big gang we started with shaboo and hackkets but we splt into two and I went shaboo/eureka for as long as possible 10/10 this was

Love shack for while but didn't like it so switched to Legends and this felt like shaboo the music was fantastic

Bit of pleasure dome and then Carlos in colne, which was good

Then local Wigan pier but was having enough by then and pretty much give up and never bothered again

I think the golden age was 1990 to around 1995 ish for me

The Quad started me off and Blackpool blew me away me but legends made me realise I have seen the best years with shaboo/eureka as my favourite

All together the best music is split between shaboo and legends

Never really new who dj'd until later on in life but I new what I liked

There is a certain style I love and its Ste Williams/sasha and forgive me who ever played Legends.

I always remember the trak (don't now the names) with jackson 5 and the rap song are you an oap (lol that's how i recall it ) with Madonna mixes and nevana

awesome and different much like shaboo differed to hackkets (nipper was good)

please correct my embarrassing errors but lots of water has passed under the bridge

Might have bumped into a few of you but I always seemed to be looking for my imaginary dog and in love shack had half the club looking for a dog, mongs lol:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bjproc

Jun 2, 2013
ok, an old thread, by hey ho... bumpity bump lol

after a visit to a club in Blackpool in '91, steaming, think it was my 21st, came back home, a month or 2 later our local club started doing nights, but it was mostly local nights for me.

The Royal - Forfar (canny mind the club night, but Hype Collective rings a bell) after a bit of a stramash, maybe prickish bouncers??, just canny mind, that long ago the night moved on to...
The Og in Kirriemuir, Club Aphrodisia (Shawn Moir & guests) went on for quite some time, great memories & nights
A few illegal marquee all nighters in the Angus area
Tokyo Joe's in Dundee
The Rhumba Club from when it went to Bally's Arbroath, think it was the Rhumbasaurus Rex??? then on the The Ice Factory in Perth
The Arches, Glasgow Pete Tong, Sasha & Oakenfold, live on Radio 1, for me, the wee room with Oakenfold rocked
The Tunnel, Glasgow, canny mind who played
Bonker sunday all dayer in Aberdeen
Fantasia and Murrayfield ice rink, kinda wrong night for the music i was into plus it was bloody freezing with plywood boards just over the ice :lol:

as you can see, i'm a big traveller to clubs lol

But lately, The Rhumba club has started to put on more nights, mostly in Fat Sam's Dundee, the latest was Sasha, Slam, Sub Club and others, also last October, Festival of House with Jon Pleased, Jeremy Healy, Dave Seaman, mauro picotto, michael kilkie, james bradley, leftfield, steve bicknell to name a few, an absolutely fantastic night which has got me up for more

rave.gif

Paulzer

Jan 15, 2022
Bloody hell, this is going to be a hard task remembering all the places I've been as most of the nights back then were spent under the influence.. ;)

Fever, Aberdeen : I only managed to get in there once circa 1990 while I was under age, I changed my birth date of my passport and got in. The second time I tried I got huckled by the doorman. What a club, it was superb. It's just a pity it was shut down by the time i came of age. 10/10.

The Pelican, A/deen 1991 to 1995 : Again another top notch club, You hardly ever got a bad night in there. Seen so many top DJ's in there. Justin Robertson, Weatherall etc. Again 10/10

The Hoochi, A/deen 1991 to 1992 : It was OK, a bit of a harder music policy in here, Hardcore/Rave. 7/10

Memphis, A/deen 1991 to 1993 : Another cracking club, the Saturday nights in there were out of this world. It also had a bar next door called Slipmats which was the perfect place to kick start a night of fun & frolics. ;) 10/10

The Craigmile, Blackburn, Aberdeenshire. 1991 to 1992 : Spent nearly every Friday night in The Craigmile or back in 1992. Had many a lost Friday in The Craigmile.9/10

The Bishops, Elgin 1992 to 1994 : Had a good few nights out Elgin way, some real crackers. 8/10

Kinky Rhythm, A/deen 1993/1994 : A small venue but a very good one,had many a lost night in there. 8/10

The Rhumba Club, Arbroath 1994 : We went to a lot of nights down there in 1994, one of the stand out nights was Jon Pleased Wimmin. 7/10

That's about the size of it for just now, there are others that I've missed but these were the main players back then for me.

Ade-Analogue

Jun 16, 2021
'88 - '98

The Place Stoke
Regimes Stoke
The Gallery Mcr.
Konspicarcy Mcr.
Hacienda Mcr.
Introspective Stoke
Shelleys Stoke
Entropy Stoke
The Venue Mcr.
No.1 Mcr.
Paradise Factory Mcr.
Home Mcr.
The Room Hull
Back 2 Basics Leeds
Orbit Leeds
Sankeys Soap* (Never missed a Bugged Out night '94-'98, when it closed in '98 due to the G/G problems i hung up my whistlE)

Raindance, Perception, Amnesia (Cov, Donington, Brayfield Stadium), Vision (Popham airfield) etc...

Summon, Es Paradis, Ku, Amnesia, Pacha, Space.

During this time i worked in Vinyl Exchange Oldham st. Mcr. (y)

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
'88 - '98

The Place Stoke
Regimes Stoke
The Gallery Mcr.
Konspicarcy Mcr.
Hacienda Mcr.
Introspective Stoke
Shelleys Stoke
Entropy Stoke
The Venue Mcr.
No.1 Mcr.
Paradise Factory Mcr.
Home Mcr.
The Room Hull
Back 2 Basics Leeds
Orbit Leeds
Sankeys Soap* (Never missed a Bugged Out night '94-'98, when it closed in '98 due to the G/G problems i hung up my whistlE)

Raindance, Perception, Amnesia (Cov, Donington, Brayfield Stadium), Vision (Popham airfield) etc...

During this time i worked in Vinyl Exchange Oldham st. Mcr. (y)
Those first Amnesias @ Donington were top draw

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Simply mega mate, i remember the really heavy fog at one of them! We were near the front of the queue and this brand new black H reg' Sapphire Cosworth pulled up, out got the Grooverider crew! It was truly mental in there on those massive towered podiums :p
Do you remember Going out the following morning and a car was wrapped around one of those trees just out the front ?

I also remember some crew from london not being allowed in, they got on the roof and were getting in that way

Ade-Analogue

Jun 16, 2021
Do you remember Going out the following morning and a car was wrapped around one of those trees just out the front ?

I also remember some crew from london not being allowed in, they got on the roof and were getting in that way

Yeah the car stuffed up a tree was the foggy night i'm sure! Never seen the cockney cat burglars, doesn't suprise me, the shit that used to go down at these events was seriously shifty huh ;)

Reactions: chinatownswhite