world cup draw 2010 !!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
blimey yous English are pure dead jammy. mind you that being said they got the easiest lookin group last time too ;) :p

Bonnie Scotland get Holland and Norway.

Cannae wait should be great :saltire:

I reckon both teams can get there :D

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Thats a decent draw, hopefully be able to get through, although they will dramatically need to improve, and somehow find a decent keeper:D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Ah right, a new formula:crazy:

I didn't even know Kazakhastan was in Europe:crazy: :confused:

Still, least we haven't been drawn with any South American big guns:thumbsup: :D

woody

lol, all of the Euro teams are drawn together as are all the other continents, the winners of the groups quality for finals along with the rest of the winners of the other continent groups to form the world finalists.
with jet lag and shite like time difference it makes sense

Spot on lol Its always been like that Jiglo, and for as long as i can remember countries in and around turkey/cyprus/greece etc are classed as european, i presume kazakhastan is the same. At the same time thats why we've not been drawn against south american teams as they are against other americas countries to qualify:thumbsup:

Ah right, a new formula:crazy:

I didn't even know Kazakhastan was in Europe:crazy: :confused:

Still, least we haven't been drawn with any South American big guns:thumbsup: :D

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
might as well be me then.......... ;)

borat.jpg

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Spot on lol Its always been like that Jiglo, and for as long as i can remember countries in and around turkey/cyprus/greece etc are classed as european, i presume kazakhastan is the same. At the same time thats why we've not been drawn against south american teams as they are against other americas countries to qualify:thumbsup:

You sure mate?:S

The last World Cup draw I saw, they put the 8 seeded teams first, and had teams grouped from Europe, the Americas together and had Asian/Astralasian teams grouped too. Then they picked teams from different bags to ensure there was an even spread of world teams in each group. :)

simzzzz

You sure mate?:S

The last World Cup draw I saw, they put the 8 seeded teams first, and had teams grouped from Europe, the Americas together and had Asian/Astralasian teams grouped too. Then they picked teams from different bags to ensure there was an even spread of world teams in each group. :)

they do that for the actual world cup finals Jiglo mate. in the qualifiers to see who reaches the finals, its just teams from their own continent that play each other and the top 2 from each group in Europe go through to play the worlds best teams from their conintents.

its a different set up again for teams from Oceania, South America, Africa etc...

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Spot on lol Its always been like that Jiglo, and for as long as i can remember countries in and around turkey/cyprus/greece etc are classed as european, i presume kazakhastan is the same.
I think it's a bit of wierd one as to which countries are in Europe.

Russia are in and that country extends further east than Thailand or Japan! So if they're in so are all the former Soviet republics as well - Kazakhastan, Ukraine etc.

Greece have definitely always been in Europe, and Turkey has always had the ancient border between Asia and Europe so they can choose (and I'd deffo choose Europe over Asia if I was them).

The wierdest one is Israel though - it's deffo in the Middle East but they can't play with the countries around them casue they've pissed them all off too much so they're in Europe (including the Eurovision and Uefa etc).

The group stages have definitely always been based on locations; South America, Europe etc, although the highest placed non-automatically placed teams (3rd place in their group or whatever) can play in a play-off with someone from a different location.