Weight watchers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
Trying to shift my baby weight, even though my son is 17 months old lol so I joined weight watchers on Tuesday.

Do any of you ladies off here do it?

I'm after a few useful tips? Meal suggestions?

Thanks in advance :D

xx

Pieman

Jun 30, 2009
on't hill
My missus does the slimming world thing (red days and green days). It must be working cos she's lost 1/2 stone in 2 weeks.

The foods not bad either "if i'm eating this then so r u!" lol.

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
My missus does the slimming world thing (red days and green days). It must be working cos she's lost 1/2 stone in 2 weeks.

The foods not bad either "if i'm eating this then so r u!" lol.

I've done slimming world before, must be about 8-9 years ago now. I lost a stone on it but didn't stick to it very long. I never knew what to have for tea and got bored of eating the same stuff. I lived with my parents at the time too so it was too easy to have what my mum was making lol

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
My mum does weight watchers plans (doesn't go to the meetings) and swears its all about the portion sizes. When she sticks to weight watchers she usually drops a dress size or two in about 6 months so stick at it! :)

I must agree its about portion size though. I lost about 8lbs recently, not that I was huge to begin with, but its made such a difference to styles of clothes I can wear and I swear its because I started reducing all my portion sizes and drank looooooooooads of green tea/lemon tea. Why not add that into the weight watchers programme? Good luck!

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
My mum does weight watchers plans (doesn't go to the meetings) and swears its all about the portion sizes. When she sticks to weight watchers she usually drops a dress size or two in about 6 months so stick at it! :)

I must agree its about portion size though. I lost about 8lbs recently, not that I was huge to begin with, but its made such a difference to styles of clothes I can wear and I swear its because I started reducing all my portion sizes and drank looooooooooads of green tea/lemon tea. Why not add that into the weight watchers programme? Good luck!

Yeah I will do, thanks Amy x

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
vickles youve no need to lose weight you look gorgeous regardless:love:

when i realised i was a fat cow years ago (still have my love handles and then some lol) i started on the weight watchers thing and it did work.....the place where i worked at the time was brilliant for support because all the old dears were on the same diet so if one of us started to go off track then we soon helped each other out:thumbsup: but then i got sick of paying the£5 a week for somebody to tell me i was a fat so i thought i could do it on my own and i soon fell off the wagon:$ sometimes it not the food or the portions its the support you get and you need to be honest with yourself.

but i was happy with myself and the person i was with at the time was happy with me so why lose more weight eh??

since then i tried allsorts and just yoyo dieted.....slimfast, slimming world, diet tablets, weight watchers again, and other faddy diets and yes they work for a period of time but i soon slipped again:$ i even starved myself at one point thinking id lose a bit but obv dint!

one diet i was on about 18 months ago nearly killed me!! (seriously) it was a milk shake type diet and i became badly constipated on it....never went for a dump for over 2 weeks, lots of immense pain, sleepless nights, doctors appointments, infections, not a chance do i want to go there again!!

at my biggest i was 18stone and have since lost a massive portion of that, im a big girl and always will be but i am more than happy with myself the way i am at the moment......yes i moan about bingo wings and flabby belly but dont we all:he she:

anybody that wants to diet must want to do it for themselves and not for anybody else, make sure its the right diet for you, and dont be dissapointed if you dont lose a single llb one week, just remember your loved by somebody no matter what:love: plenty of excercise works wonder too:thumbsup:

one of these days ill listen to my own advice :$

Aw, diets suckkkkkkkkk-respect to peeps who stick at them!!!!. Ive never done one-i actually couldn't stop myself eating what i want...which to be fair (and very lucky for me) is good food-not trash. Ive always liked veg, as a kid i hated coke, mash, pizza, chips (still not keen on these things now-chips...eeeeew.) I will treat myself to a can of coke every now and again though.

Recently though, I have put on a load of weight...gone up a dress size and am not a happy bunny. I went on this (contraceptive) pill, (my diet didn't change at all) but i just put weight on. This happens as a result of hormones apparently. Also-as Ive gotten older my body has changed (like all women). So new contraception in towe (the coil...hope it works-cant be arsed having the fucker taken out again)...im gonna try to get back in shape. Portion size and excersize, but no diet. I'd rather something I could do forever, not just for a few months (what happens after...do you just put weight back on again?) I deffs think the best diet is a healthy one with excersize, not a crash diet.

Amy, you're looking fab at the minute, well done for loosing the weight!!!!

And good luck Vik, you're always gorge anyway babe! xxx

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Cheers Nics and Lozzie, some useful info there and lovely comments, thank you :love:

I know I'm not massive but I could do with loosing a stone/stone and half and toning up.

A friend of mine had a little girl shortly after I had Harrison so we were off on maternity together. We used to meet up every Wednesday, spend the day together and weigh ourselves weekly. I weighed 12.8 and got down to 10.10 (I don’t even think I was that before I had Harribo) Meeting up with Sheryl gave me an incentive and motivated me to stick at it. I was going swimming a lot and doing sit ups but since being back at work and not meeting regular with Shez, I’ve put the weight back on and now I’m 11.4. (I actually weigh 11.10 on the scales at weight watchers though).

(what happens after...do you just put weight back on again?)

That's what I'm worried about. I always loose weight but I struggle to maintain it. Joining weight watchers is just a step in the right direction for me. I agree it has a lot to do with portion size and exercise so that’s what I’m gonna concentrate on. My goal weight at weight watchers is 10.6, if I reach that, I’m gonna try my best to maintain it and not fall back into my lazy ways and bad eating habits.