Throw down the headphones

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I still can't pass a record or charity shop without having a quick look inside. I'll probably be a crate digger for life, even though I do less mixing these days.

some real good honest answer in this thread, dont think there's any right or wrong answer, just how you feel about DJing...

I gave up DJing (seriously) way way back in 94/95... my reason was simple, the scene (in Scotland) was dying (IMO) a serious death, my Club was taken over in 94, me and my mate were the residents and got complete freedom to play whatever style we wanted, when the new guys came in they were very Euro Trance/Happy Hardcore oriented, while there was a market for that style i couldn't stand Happy Hardcore, it's the devil's medium...

I can remember the night i stopped very clearly, finished my set and turned to Cazzy and said "that's it mate, am finished" walked out the Club with my tunes and collected my turntables the next day, on the plus note i still have all my tunes and my old Technics, still love the music enough to have bought a new set of Technics (well they were new 10 years ago when i bought them) and have done a few nights around the place but i have never felt like i felt back in the late 80s early 90s, so while i stopped DJing i still love music and mixing, thankfully my better half knows better than to make me choose between her and the set up coz it's pretty cold outside for a woman to wander the streets of Scotland ....