The Complete Collection part 3 (1995) Tony De Vit, Jon Pleased, Al Mackenzie, Boy George (Progress)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I appear to have stirred up a hornets nest with my comments today maybe i should not type and drink at the same time,
after all i may spill some! ;)
as you can see were a bit suspicious of new members motives, would be great if every new member was here to share music (as the site used to be) but sadly contributing members are far & few

I think the hornets nest was rattled because of your ebay purchase, makes your mixcloud look like you'd been raiding here

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
as you can see were a bit suspicious of new members motives, would be great if every new member was here to share music (as the site used to be) but sadly contributing members are far & few

I think the hornets nest was rattled because of your ebay purchase, makes your mixcloud look like you'd been raiding here
Allow me to show my credentials so to speak lol

20200807_102604.jpg
20200807_102637 (2).jpg
20200807_102704 (2).jpg
20200807_102810.jpg
20200807_102931 (2).jpg
20200807_102931.jpg
20200807_102840.jpg
20200807_104502.jpg
20200807_104725.jpg

All 100% mine brought and paid for over many many years and these are just the ones that are not in the loft, there are many many more (y)

ming.jpg

Last edited:

Mac The Ripper 🍴

VIP Silver Member
Jan 24, 2021
Chesterfield!
To be fair to you Brady I aint got a problem with you using my links in any way seeing as your web site has been so very very useful in making sense out of my collection, yours was just the first one i found at half five in the morning.
but when i find posts that boldly claim SKANKED FROM MING what the F am i supposed to think complete with links to downloads of my tapes.
whatever happened to whats your name, where you from and what you on?

Times have changed 😭
Once again not really directed at you Brady.

View attachment 39921
When I found out what I was doing on here,I started sharing your mixcloud!! NO DRAMA,JUST WANTED TO SHARE THE TUNES....IF YOU WANT A ROW,ILL HAVE A FUKKA!!!!!

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Ming,I understand you have bought these with ya hard earned cash,so I apologise for SKANKING ya mixes!!
And a good morning to you to Macky (y)

It looks like the name Ming is about as popular as a fart in a space suit 😩 so i will order a taxi grab my coat and i will be off 😭

No worries pal no hard feelings, i was just a little surprised to find my name was mud when i had never even been on this site until Friday night talk about bad press :confused:

ming.jpg

Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

Mac The Ripper 🍴

VIP Silver Member
Jan 24, 2021
Chesterfield!
And a good morning to you to Macky (y)

It looks like the name Ming is about as popular as a fart in a space suit 😩 so i will order a taxi grab my coat and i will be off 😭

No worries pal no hard feelings, i was just a little surprised to find my name was mud when i had never even been on this site until Friday night talk about bad press :confused:

View attachment 39942
Nah we love farts in space suits.....As I said I'm néw to all this and was buzzin off being able to share new mixes!! No drama,just a newbie!! Sorry if I offended you and cheers for the tuneage 👍🤣👍

Reactions: Ming The Merciless

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Nah we love farts in space suits.....As I said I'm néw to all this and was buzzin off being able to share new mixes!! No drama,just a newbie!! Sorry if I offended you and cheers for the tuneage 👍🤣👍
I'm new to this forum lark my self mate, I had no Idea i was walking into a minefield :oops:

I had better stop hijacking Bradys thread before i upset him too

Sorry Brady my bad it appears i have made a mess of your thread!

• Haha

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

nobody knew who you were but your mixcloud uploads looked suspiciously like uploads from here, that was our impression of ming

all the Hard Times, Boxed, Stars X2 & Sex double packs were shared on here years back by @chunky whos the goto man for these tape packs, since he shared them they have popped up all over the net for sale (inc ebay)

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
nobody knew who you were but your mixcloud uploads looked suspiciously like uploads from here, that was our impression of ming

all the Hard Times, Boxed, Stars X2 & Sex double packs were shared on here years back by @chunky whos the goto man for these tape packs, since he shared them they have popped up all over the net for sale (inc ebay)
Without a belly full of whiskey i can now see how that would have looked and my tantrum is now over, me and Macky666 have kissed and made up and i have promised no more drunk typing and to keep all my toys in the pram.

I brought quite a few multi discs off ebay and just started uploading them without a thought for the guy who originally ripped them i now see the error of my ways, apologies Mr Chunky sir that's on me :oops:

I'm considering taking my mixcloud down as its seems to have earned me a bad rep to say the least

• Haha

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I'm considering taking my mixcloud down as its seems to have earned me a bad rep to say the least
I wouldnt do that, hopefully its all sorted itself out now (it has for me anyways)

you were just a middle man in something thats been going on for years, technically you did buy the sets you were uploading, just oblivious to the full story

id be more than happy if you stuck around looking at the pics of your tape collection ;)

to save you time ripping 900 tapes, do a search on here first to see if their already converted (search box, top of the page)

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
I wouldnt do that, hopefully its all sorted itself out now (it has for me anyways)

you were just a middle man in something thats been going on for years, technically you did buy the sets you were uploading, just oblivious to the full story

id be more than happy if you stuck around looking at the pics of your tape collection ;)

to save you time ripping 900 tapes, do a search on here first to see if their already converted (search box, top of the page)
Thanks for the vote of confidence Brady much appreciated, i will do some searching see what i can find (y)

I have noticed that some mediafire files are protected by a code how does that work then any ideas?

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I have noticed that some mediafire files are protected by a code how does that work then any ideas?
that was to stop folks from just downloading sets & not contributing, it should say in the post send a private message to the uploader for the password

not all uploads have that, probs why we got skanked

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Cant thank you enough for this little nugget of advice, I am blown away by the massive collection of sets that are on here, and i only searched love of life! there has been an incredible amount of effort and time spent to bring this all together.
I can now see why you are all protective of this archive. kudos to all involved, i will strive to increase the collective

Reactions: brady