The charity shop!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
Jst thought i'd share it with u all coz i'm chuffed 2 bits! How many people actually think about lookin round the old charity shops?? Last Sunday night while strollin round Preston totally wasted :crazy: :crazy: I noticed a load of Tunes in OXFAM of all places window! On closer inspection 2day and yes it did take me time to pluck up courage! I managed 2 pick up some old time classics for a mere £6!! so bare it in mind people coz for that kinda a money i just bought myselves..

BUG KHAN & THE PLASTIC JAM - MADE IN TWO MINUTES £1.99 (DMF It's £50)
ISOTONIC - DIFFERENT STROKES EP £0.49 (DMF £20)
TWENTY 4 SEVEN - I CAN'T STAND IT £0.99
EDGE RECORDS#1 £0.99
UNITY - UNITY £1.49

Look carefully tho coz theres a lot of RICK ASTLEY in there!!

Hutty

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
It all depends if you're a jammy little beggar or not!.

You can quite easily wander round charity shops looking for old tunes until your shoes wear out until need to buy some more in the next AgeConcern you stumble accross.................and not find much more than 2Unlimited, We are Raving, Tetris dance megamix and lets not forget the Greatest Hits of Belinda Carlisle and the BBC's 100 favourite TV themes exclusively played by the London Philamonic Orchestra.

Not that I know, or anything........:$

Sirius.

Alrite Hutty...

Most of my tunes have come from charity shops as I do not have the money to go "proper record shopping" !!! (here she goes again, moan, moan, moan - get a job !!!)

Heres some links from previous threads to help other peeps witness our pleasure !!

The Charity Shop

Bargains galore !!

Sweet xx

P.S Nice to meet a fellow charity shop shopper and go on admit it it werent that bad was it !!! ;)

love car boot sales I do

Got pbt - just 4 u, massive attack - unfinished sympathy and parra dice - can u hear me for 50p each recently - a few others also but they were the biggies.
Havent been for a while - must go again, its just that getting up early thing (especially when u come back empty handed)

Pauly P

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
pauly p

WHERE'S THE NEAREST CARBOOTY'S NR'

LEEDS

i HEAR THERE'S ONE NR BATLEY THAT IS MEANT TO BE MINT

I WAS IN THE DISC IN BRADFORD LAST YEAR AND

THIS LAD CAME IN WITH ABOUT 20 ARK TAPES(ORIGINAL0
HE'D PAID 20 P EACH

AND HE WAS SAYING THEIR'S STUFF LIKE THIS MOST WEEKS

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Thats all I do is Vinyl hunt, beat these....
1. Secchi - I say yeah (£1)
2. PKA - Let me hear you say yeah (50p)
3. Wood Allen - Co-Imperial (£1)
4. Kid n Play - 2 Hype(House mix) orig' 1-sided copy (45p)
5. System - Dont stop (£1.50)
6. AST - Esus flow (45p)
7. KLF - 3am Eternal/Orig' 89 copy (£1)
8. Denise Lopez - Dont you wanna be mine (£5.99) bought it when it came out, and finally i bought 'Young MC - Know How' for £3.99 when it first came out and 'Techno age - Movin on' for £5.99 when it first came out! I could go on 4eva. Dont you just love vinyl. ITS AN ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Check carboots as well. On Sunday, I picked up about 15 tunes, for about £2.50, which included these...
India - lover who rocks you alnight (Rare orig' copy)
Mombassa - cry freedom
Solo - Rainbow
Marrs - Pump up the volume
Mister e - Dont believe the hype
Sharada house gang - passion
Wood Allen - Airport 89
Chaka Khan - I feel for you
Band of gypsies - travelling in hyper reality
Joy Salinas - Rockin Romance
+ others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VINYL!VINYL!VINYL!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: