seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
^^^^ best line of argument on this thread :thumbsup:

its not just pubs though so it is a shit argument

its clubs - Dj's, bar staff, glass collectors, bouncers

restaurants - waiters, staff, cooks

pubs - bar staff

other public places - all staff

1 in 4 punters smoke nowadays, this is a democracy, that is the only argument cause they are in the minority

the government are not banning smoking, they are telling you you cannot smoke in certain areas cause it kills people who dont smoke

you cannot deny people a job because they smoke or not, it is against employment laws so you have to protect them, same as people who work in areas with loud noise, you have to protect them

a minority of people in this country like to fiddle with children, should they be allowed to do it? how far do we go with civil liberties?

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
you cannot deny people a job because they smoke or not, it is against employment laws so you have to protect them

Yeah, but my point is why would anyone willingly work somewhere [pub/club] that was going to damage their health?

If there was a job going that was for clearing up radioactive waste, I wouldn't take it and then moan that it made me sick, I'd just choose a job that wasn't a health hazard :thumbsup:

the government are not banning smoking, they are telling you you cannot smoke in certain areas cause it kills people who dont smoke

And that's like saying, you can't swear in certain areas coz it will offend those who don't like to swear.... they should f*ck off out of earshot then, lol ;)

btw, I'm not trying to be a c*nt here lol, I just don't really agree with a total ban in ALL public areas. Choices should work both ways, and we should be free to choose what we want to do. If peeps want to be able to have a pint and a cig, then there should be places where they can do that, just like there should be places where peeps can have a pint in a totally smoke free environment. :thumbsup:

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Yeah, but my point is why would anyone willingly work somewhere [pub/club] that was going to damage their health?

If there was a job going that was for clearing up radioactive waste, I wouldn't take it and then moan that it made me sick, I'd just choose a job that wasn't a health hazard :thumbsup:

And that's like saying, you can't swear in certain areas coz it will offend those who don't like to swear.... they should f*ck off out of earshot then, lol ;)

btw, I'm not trying to be a c*nt here lol, I just don't really agree with a total ban in ALL public areas. Choices should work both ways, and we should be free to choose what we want to do. If peeps want to be able to have a pint and a cig, then there should be places where they can do that, just like there should be places where peeps can have a pint in a totally smoke free environment. :thumbsup:

some people are not lucky enough to be able to choose where they work mate

do you think everybody who works as a barmaid or a waitress wants to be doiing that job?

some people want to fiddle with little kids, do you think they should have the choice whether to be able to do this?

you can go and have a pint and a cigarette in any pub, you will just have to go to the door for your cigarette, not much to ask to save thousands of lives every year is it?

i know you are not trying to be a **** and you are entitled to your opinion but luckily for us we live in a democracy and you are in the minority

there are lots of things i disagree with but i am in the minority so it is tough shit on me

it was a big deal up here as well till it came in and most folk realised it was a good thing, and that includes most of the smokers and the publicans