Sleeves grrrrr

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
Does anyone know where I can get some decent sleeves from :mad:

What I want is some of them thick card ones, with a glossy coating on em. I want the circular holes at both sides, and a selection of colours would be nice.

Most important of all, in fact fookin essential, is that they must fit the paper protective things inside (with the opening at the top). I would prefer the flaps inside to be glued down properly too :ba: so the tune doesnt get stuck on its way in !!

Where oh where can I purchase such a garment :confused:

I find loads of sleeves in record shops.
If you find a tune your a planning to purchase, and it has a flimsy sleeve, just slip the tune (and flimsy sleeve) into a nice black/white full clean import size sleeve, throw the other record under a shelf or summat and hey presto you have one record and two sleeves.

Even better, if a tune is in a plain sleeve with a £10 price tag, just put it in a sleeve with a £3 price tag. Hey presto!!! a better sleeve and a massive saving too.

I havent been caught (yet) ;) and these spare sleeves add up. I`ve got 2 drawers of spares.
Even have nice new decon/italian style/junior etc... for when I get a tune on the same label in a scabby sleeve so I can swap it when I get home.

Pauly P

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
They used to sell em at Vinyl Exchange m8. I know the ones you mean cos I like them myself - you can fit most 'thin' standard piccy sleeve tunes INSIDE the white card sleeve to protect 'em too!.
If youve ever been to Vinyl Exhange, its those white ones they put all the promo's and 'new in' tunes in on the racks.

HTFR might do em, lol.

Somebody posted a place up north that is purely CD and Vinyl accesories (sleeves n inlay cards n stuff) but Im buggered if I can remember what its called.

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
sirius said:
its those white ones they put all the promo's and 'new in' tunes in on the racks.

Them's em :thumbsup:

Bought some from HTFR ages ago but they just fell to bits :D They cant get owt right :mad:

Might be Covers33 (or summat similar) you're on about mate. It's a proper good spot, highly recommended :king: Just doesn't do what I'm after I've asked.

VinylExchange here I come :p

pauly p said:
Even have nice new decon/italian style/junior etc...

If you've got any spare black isp company sleeves Pauly mate I wouldn't mind buying a few off ya :D

I was thinking of buying summat proper shite just for the company sleeves but I dont think I'd have the heart to bin a tune however bad it was :$

Markz

pauly p said:
I find loads of sleeves in record shops.
If you find a tune your a planning to purchase, and it has a flimsy sleeve, just slip the tune (and flimsy sleeve) into a nice black/white full clean import size sleeve, throw the other record under a shelf or summat and hey presto you have one record and two sleeves.

Even better, if a tune is in a plain sleeve with a £10 price tag, just put it in a sleeve with a £3 price tag. Hey presto!!! a better sleeve and a massive saving too.

I havent been caught (yet) ;) and these spare sleeves add up. I`ve got 2 drawers of spares.
Even have nice new decon/italian style/junior etc... for when I get a tune on the same label in a scabby sleeve so I can swap it when I get home.

Pauly P

Made me chukkle that did :thumbsup:

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
Short of Inside, X-Energy, Line Music, Beat Club and Flying too if anyone else fancies swiping some :D

PPR too :p

Got some Discomagic UK to swap LOLOL this ones the only company sleeve what de-values the tune inside :D It's the "Nicks" of the company sleeve world :cry: