Serato SL1

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I'm getting SL2 matey, how's it going?

I'am ok mate thanks hope is well for you its good to see you are sticking with Serato :D

I will be recording all my vinyl this year to aiff & mp3 files then selling them its going to take a while just going to take my time with it tho as I have to then organised them using Serato crates etc which is what I love about Serato Bpm & Key of the music etc using Mixed in Key.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
I'am ok mate thanks hope is well for you its good to see you are sticking with Serato :D

I will be recording all my vinyl this year to aiff & mp3 files then selling them its going to take a while just going to take my time with it tho as I have to then organised them using Serato crates etc which is what I love about Serato Bpm & Key of the music etc using Mixed in Key.

I'm getting shot of my 08 Pro as well.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Benny add a monitor to your Laptop & Mac keyboard then plug a mouse into the Mac keyboard

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I'll have no usb's for the dicer then mate.

Buy a powered usb hub just make sure it is a powered hub so you have to plug it into the mains to add extra power to the usb ports.

I have one of these it works well.

$(KGrHqJ,!qQFBGZ0GCRwBQWTMgY9Fw~~60_35.jpg

7 Ports USB2.0 Powered HUB PC Laptop Cable w/AC Adapter | eBay

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas

Monty, taken me 4 years approx thus far, over 50% there but long way to go. I try and do average 5 a day but does not always work out and becoming a little tired of it. I also wash the vinyl before recording and have a fairly good set up although record onto PC.. Just personal preference. Record to 320 mp3 and wav, don't know why mp3 as will play wav digitally. For your reference, what ever I have on ogs is recorded thus far, many more to go.

Still can't bring myself to sell the vinyl.

Best of luck. S

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Monty, taken me 4 years approx thus far, over 50% there but long way to go. I try and do average 5 a day but does not always work out and becoming a little tired of it. I also wash the vinyl before recording and have a fairly good set up although record onto PC.. Just personal preference. Record to 320 mp3 and wav, don't know why mp3 as will play wav digitally. For your reference, what ever I have on ogs is recorded thus far, many more to go.

Still can't bring myself to sell the vinyl.

Best of luck. S

aif: 2304000 Audio bit rate
wav: 1411200 Audio bit rate
mp3: 320000 Audio bit rat

My Rane mixer records aif (2304000 Audio bit rate)

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Dunno, technology is beyond me however I do know that nearly all of my music was produced on computers which were only a fraction as powerful as my mobile phone (and I've got a crap phone too!) and sometimes its nice to have a few pops and ticks simply to remind you the recording came from vinyl. I try and maintain the analogue feel on my records and not remaster

S