..:: RAVE LIBRARY ONLINE ::.. [ Old Skool - Nu Skool DJ Mixes & Live PA Media Archive ]

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
Yes yes Old Skool Anthemz crew, how are you?

Here's a whole heap of underground music history for you to enjoy offline.
MEGA Folder (WHILE I CAN AFFORD TO PAY TO HOST - import it all to your own MEGA account while you still can) - arrange files by DATE ADDED every time you come back to see what's been added this week. I intend to upload several terabytes of sorted, tagged MusicBrainz-compliant files:
https://mega.nz/folder/TvwB0TpL#Fi91BmrYtWVQuaWlnPDOkQ

Mirrored permanently in this Archive Directory (HOT LINKABLE FOREVER!)
https://archive.org/download/mediatimeline

Big shout out to all the rippers, uploaders, trainspotters, flyer scanners and underground music archivists on here, thank you for helping me get hold of long lost tapes again or for at least taking some of the hassle out of me having to hook it all up and do it myself for the time being. I need to get to know who's who so I can give credit to original ripper teams on my back-ups which I'm gradually uploading when I'm able to.
Here is an ongoing project to create a timeline of shows worth listening to again and keeping in the time capsule for the ravers of the future.
I'm building an audio and video library organised in the order these shows happened, starting at the very beginning of DJs disco-mixing and MCs rapping, circa 1980, right up until today...
Trying to set up an AcoustID system which will allow anybody to run their collection through an application like MusicBrainz Picard and it automatically updating the files with the details of where it was recorded and when, and perhaps provide embedded tracklists and the event flyer artwork, but first things first, all contributors to this timeline need to follow the tagging format for it to work properly for everybody so the only files we're adding to this directory need to follow the same standard naming format, either in the filenames or preferably within the metadata.
I will aim to return to this thread every time a batch more files have been uploaded and I never intend to stop until I've uploaded everything worth keeping in the universe, aand I'm not in the best shape so your ideas are very welcome on how to make this work more effectively.
If you want mixes added to this timeline, please submit them in this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
If anybody knows how to extract all the links ending in ".mp3" from this page and posting them here as hotlinks or something, let me know, otherwise, just head over to https://archive.org/download/mediatimeline and right click save all on the audio files to download them to your device.
Subscribe to this thread or bookmark it because all my posts will be replies to this thread so I can see what's what.
Large it up.

Last edited:

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
Wowsers mate, that looks like it was a lot of work. Nice one for sharing
Well I've barely scratched the surface yet, I'm just preparing all the files I've hoarded since dial-up internet days so that they follow one standard and can be browsed like a time traveller. All the hard work is the faffing about with cleaning tape heads removing hiss and clicks etc which I can't do. I'm just keen to bring together all the incredible information and artwork that the Phatmedia and RollDaBeats headz etc etc (not forgetting a man like Drewski who I've noticed also thinks like a machine :cool:) because they have spent years and years piecing together like tracklists and flyer scans so they automatically load up nice in everyone's devices if they wish. Most of my rips have been in circulation for donkey's but a lot of the ID3 tagging is vague, incomplete, all filled in back to front and since I've spent years reformatting my collection, it makes sense to preserve it online so people can take a trip through the decades and follow the evolution of all these amazing musical styles which have branched out now. If you've got any sets from any stuff you or friends want to include, just hook me up with the files in the highest quality you have and I'll do the rest.

Last edited:

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
that is impressive, I am a fan of the archive website for nostalgia and preserving stuff, good to see you are putting it to use for everyone on here!
Safe, yeah archive.org seems to provide endless hosting space so I'm surprised more people don't sort their stuff out and get it up there for the people of tomorrow. We've got over a third of a century of underground and obscure shows which are still exciting to revisit even all this time later.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Well I've barely scratched the surface yet, I'm just preparing all the files I've hoarded since dial-up internet days so that they follow one standard and can be browsed like a time traveller. All the hard work is the faffing about with cleaning tape heads removing hiss and clicks etc which I can't do. I'm just keen to bring together all the incredible information and artwork that the Phatmedia and RollDaBeats headz etc etc (not forgetting a man like Drewski who I've noticed also thinks like a machine :cool:) because they have spent years and years piecing together like tracklists and flyer scans so they automatically load up nice in everyone's devices if they wish. Most of my rips have been in circulation for donkey's but a lot of the ID3 tagging is vague, incomplete, all filled in back to front and since I've spent years reformatting my collection, it makes sense to preserve it online so people can take a trip through the decades and follow the evolution of all these amazing musical styles which have branched out now. If you've got any sets from any stuff you or friends want to include, just hook me up with the files in the highest quality you have and I'll do the rest.
I see there are pics of wave forms and specs etc , Just asking why ??
would it not be good to add tracklist for the sets, or would they not be able to be updated once posted, has in adding any missing tracks found at a later date?

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I'm just keen to bring together all the incredible information and artwork that the Phatmedia and RollDaBeats headz etc etc (not forgetting a man like Drewski who I've noticed also thinks like a machine :cool:) because they have spent years and years piecing together like tracklists and flyer scans so they automatically load up nice in everyone's devices if they wish.
im curious how your gonna pass this off, has Phatmedia / RollDaBeats etc etc agreed to their content being re-shared?

sounds like your gonna be adding all their content?

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
I think the only pisser could be is that they do comply with copyright requests, there was bbc audiobooks and stuff on there, that get removed and then put back up and so on, also the same with some films. They have a lot of storage space, but files seem to come and go, alas.

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
I see there are pics of wave forms and specs etc , Just asking why ??
would it not be good to add tracklist for the sets, or would they not be able to be updated once posted, has in adding any missing tracks found at a later date?
Those are automatically generated along with all audio uploads to the host but as and when there are re-rips like in the case of people burning 128s as audio CD but then re-ripping at 320 from those lossy discs, it should make it easier to see at a glance which files are highest quality. If people want to give extra details about what's actually on each set, it can either be added to the MusicBrainz database as and when individual tune titles are identified or embedded into the files and the upload replaced until we end up with all this useful metadata in one place. Then it's a case of using Picard to submit AcoustID and in theory it will enable people with messy collections to fix a lot of the tags which are missing, if they want it to and there's also the potential to use plugins to change how everything can be grouped... ie. by venue or promoter or date... We're now far enough along that new generations of ravers will be able to listen to pirate radio broadcasts and parties from the days they were born in some cases, if we all pull our collections together. :cool:

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
im curious how your gonna pass this off, has Phatmedia / RollDaBeats etc etc agreed to their content being re-shared?

sounds like your gonna be adding all their content?
If people want anything removed, they can message via here or email ravedownloads@gmail.com but anything added will be from the public domain already and anything still available to buy will be avoided and should other sites, blogs, MediaFire or MEGA folders etc go down for one reason or another, it's backed up. One example I'm thinking of is the Fantazia website which now has been offline for a few years. That used to be a useful resource for flyer scans but is no longer online. If uploaders and scanners, promoters, artists etc need clear credit, these details can also be preserved. Links to their own business can be plugged in the same way as Wikipedia cite sources. It will forever be a work in progress, obviously but the point isn't to divert traffic away from the dons, quite the opposite.

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
I think the only pisser could be is that they do comply with copyright requests, there was bbc audiobooks and stuff on there, that get removed and then put back up and so on, also the same with some films. They have a lot of storage space, but files seem to come and go, alas.
That's totally fine, I'm not planning to reupload stuff which is taken down. I'll keep a log of anybody who doesn't want their work included and essentially blacklist them, or alternatively see if there's a compromise that can be found to sponsor their current events etc. I totally accept that there may be sets or entire parts of the timeline that have to be left out but more or less everything will be already on YouTube and they've got the most advanced content ID system.

DF001

Jun 14, 2018
ADDED ITEMS FROM:

Amnesia, Ibiza
Aston Villa Sport & Leisure Centre, Birmingham
Brafield Stadium, Northampton
Cornwall Coliseum, St. Austell
Denbigh Leisure Complex, Milton Keynes
Donington Park, Castle Donington
Essex Barn, Braintree
FAC51 The Haçienda, Manchester
Fri-Son, Fribourg