perception wisbech (near peterborough) 1990 or early 1991

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pilkers

Nov 17, 2001
Birmingham
does anyone remember this rave as it is one of my most vivid memories and i cant find any threads on here.....there were 13000 or so there that night so someone must remember

venue was a huge aircraft hanger with a massively high ceiling and some token fairground rides outside

early doors was Ellis Dee on the dex (i think).....then followed N-Joi PA which was your bog standard N-Joi set........next Jumpin Jack Frost scared me to death with lots of bassy/acid tunes .....i think it was him that played the Trevor MacDonald News At Ten that freaked everyone out.....i was para as fook so i wandered outside for air

Fabio played the last 2 hours which was one of the memorable sets i've ever heard....although quite possibly a coincidence with my phoenix from the flames type recovery.....ohms & pink champagne was a lethal cocktail....

Fabio's set was the first time i heard Bizarre Inc - Playing With Knives when i had no idea what it was, euphoric to say the least when the vocal/piano kicked in........Left Field - Not Forgotten also memorable.....as was Evolution - Take Me Higher very last tune......prior to that was another uplifting atmospheric tune that i have been desperate to id ever since....so if anyone has a track listing or better still a rip then pls get it on here.....

i spent those last 2 hours floating above the platform on the very far end dancing my tits off and buzzing from a profile view of the 1000s of people rockin on the stage & the lights streaming down from the roof.....again my condition added to this experience....!

after the last tune the lights came one really sudden which was a shock...i remember walking like the softmint man and staggered out and somehow found my friends who didnt know where the hell i'd been for the previous 4 hours...!

any track listing or rips of this night pls oblige.....

phones:

norriss

Aug 25, 2004
Derby
I was at that rave mate but you have a far better recollection of it than me (i was totally out of it that night) and just remember N-Joi PA and staring at the big screen all night next to the stage. and i remember a bloke outside flipping out on acid rolling about on the floor (which totally spun my head out) was one of the first big raves i went to that was :thumbsup:

simzzzz

I went this one too, it was a cow shed wasnt it not a aircraft hanger ? remember as my jeans was covered in crap ! hence the name wisbech market.:thumbsup:
was superb, I too had the pink champagne, was 1st time had speed. someone told it wasnt very strong so had 3 wraps of it in one go !!! silly as I never slept for the next 3 days which really messed me up big time !:S head was all over the shop from lack of sleep, never again.:naughty:

I remember when I first got into the venue I was like blown away by the sheer numbers of people, I went and climbed up onto that big stage which was quite high up and had a right dance watching everyone, thats untill the bouncers kicked me off because I never had a vip pass !

cant remember any of the tunes, you have a great memory of this event:thumbsup:
oh yeah I was dancin when some girl collapsed next to me, out cold from over dose, scared the shite out of me, apparently she died ? dont know if thats true or just another urban myth :confused:

great event that. I went the next perception after that one, was in field, promised land at farnbourgh april 91. well harsh this one got mugged big time whilst off my face! 3 geezars threw amonia stuff in my face couldnt see for like 10 mins. 1 held me and the others went through pockets and took everything the wankers, afterwards I watched them walking around mugging all the white guys with long hair who looked off their face. oh well its a memory

norriss

Aug 25, 2004
Derby
I went this one too, it was a cow shed wasnt it not a aircraft hanger ? remember as my jeans was covered in crap ! hence the name wisbech market.:thumbsup:

yeah my clothes were completely ditched as well

no good getting mugged of yer face mate nooo need 4 that :naughty:

yeah etech thats what i had the first love doves was totaly blown away :love:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
No Wez your not goin mad - it isnt live yet - simzzz has access cus he helpin with the gallery ;)

Wont be long before its all complete lol - she says! its seems never ending at the mo tho :$ :dummy:

Macca777

Sep 11, 2022
This was the absolute dog’s bollox of a rave !! Perception always threw a good party. The tune of the night was Technarchy Cybersonik baseline blew the roof off! I struggle to find any recordings for this race apart from the njoi pa. 👍👍