Orange @ The Rocket - anyone used to go?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
If you went clubbing in London c.1992 then this was THE place to be. Orange @ The Rocket on Holloway Road, north London.

Brilliant club. I knew so many regular faces there, it felt like a family (ok... we were on 'medication' .... did my first there) top DJ's who have gone on to become legends Grooverider, Fabio, Randall, Hype, Seduction etc... top tunes. Massive sound system 25k apparently. Nice lights and a quality lazer. And most of all probably the best atmosphere I've ever felt in a club.
Proper big as well fitted a few thousand, and had an outdoor 'garden' (well... paved garden lol) with a pond. Great for chilling out and talking fart to your new 'best mates' ....that you'd known for 5 minutes! ;)

So ... anyone else go to this?

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
ruffers said:
I lived round the corner but never went, not really my cup of tea. Great venue though.
:-o
That's a shame mate. Still ... horses for courses... mind you, if you're more into the housey vibe, the house & garage room was nice too. Usually some nice funky tunes going down in there...I was usually passing through but sometimes used to stop for a little jig or a tune ID (which I'd promptly forget!)

GaryBaldi

Dec 30, 2003
Luton
I USED TO GO THERE EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT IN 1991 AND 1992.
THE WEEKLY AGENDA USED TO BE,THURSDAY NIGHTS AT HEAVEN,FRIDAY NIGHTS CAMDEN PALAIS AND SATURDAY NIGHTS AT THE ROCKET
ALL GOOD TIMES :thumbsup:

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
GARY7788 said:
I USED TO GO THERE EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT IN 1991 AND 1992.

It was like my second home in 92. We must have met at some point- if only an "alright mate - what's your name / where you from / what you on?" type conversation. ;)

Nice to find another one of the old cew on here. I've still got a load of the Orange flyers and my membership card at home. lol... sentimental old git!!

Have you got any tapes or video's from there? I've got one tape. When I get round to ripping it I'll do a yousendit link and pm you if you like?

GaryBaldi

Dec 30, 2003
Luton
i have not got any old tapes but a few old mates may have ,they say they will try and dig em out and blow all the dust off lol

Bradboycomeagain

Aug 25, 2021
If you went clubbing in London c.1992 then this was THE place to be. Orange @ The Rocket on Holloway Road, north London.

Brilliant club. I knew so many regular faces there, it felt like a family (ok... we were on 'medication' .... did my first there) top DJ's who have gone on to become legends Grooverider, Fabio, Randall, Hype, Seduction etc... top tunes. Massive sound system 25k apparently. Nice lights and a quality lazer. And most of all probably the best atmosphere I've ever felt in a club.
Proper big as well fitted a few thousand, and had an outdoor 'garden' (well... paved garden lol) with a pond. Great for chilling out and talking fart to your new 'best mates' ....that you'd known for 5 minutes! ;)

So ... anyone else go to this?
Hope you're coming to Scala this weekend? Orange reunion???