One's and two's...what ya got

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
I've been out of the game since 95....what decks are rated ....not including the OG's technics...and what's a good mixer....my last mixer was a vestax pmc15...you could run 3 decks of this

Talk to me:p

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I've got 1210s with a simple two channel mixer -Alan & Heath Xone-22 I am very happy with the mixer and the sound is great through it, I cant remember what I payed for it, I brought it from West End Dj.

Mine arnt set up at the mo, I really need to get them sorted, and learn how to mix properly, I always seem to find that when Im in the mood to pratice
something else is going on aka the wife moaning etc , when theres nothing going on im not in the right frame of mind.

Im sure people will give you good advice on none technics decks.

There is a thread where people have posted pics of what they have etc, theres a pic of my set up on this page also below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffenuff

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Noice...what 1210's ya got?....mk5...if so whats the difference between new 1210's and the OG
Mine are SL mk2s , I brought them off a scratch DJ up Sheffiled way via a freind who I worked with about 9 yrs ago, I got both decks, a amp, and a really old numark mixer, two big front front speakers that are about 3 ft tall and about a foot n half wide, which really should be sat on those tripod stands, I cant use them has they are way too loud in the house, just on one bar they too loud, but great when we have a party in the garden etc...

I deffo got a bargin for 500 notes...

TBH the numark mixer was pants regards the volume output, when I got the A&H mixer it was like a bomb had dropped volume wise, but what I would say about the old numark mixer was the cross fader had a really nice curve to it, a very gentle cross over, the A&H one ist a bit sharp so ya have to go easy.

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Back in the day i thought Numark was the nutz...I remember I finally got my decks...had to buy each 1210 separately, so when I finally had the cash to buy a mixer , I went straight down to Mi Price records in Croydon to get a numark mix....anyway a bunch of kids in front blinking brought it..what are the chances
So in the end I got a vivanco mixer..that was really good actually ...never did get a numark, so all these years in my head the numark was the best in 1988

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Back in the day i thought Numark was the nutz...I remember I finally got my decks...had to buy each 1210 separately, so when I finally had the cash to buy a mixer , I went straight down to Mi Price records in Croydon to get a numark mix....anyway a bunch of kids in front blinking brought it..what are the chances
So in the end I got a vivanco mixer..that was really good actually ...never did get a numark, so all these years in my head the numark was the best in 1988
I remember my mates mixer, he had saved for ages, I went with him to pick it up from Tandy, we was well excited and could not wait to get home and hook it up to his two belt drive turnables, god knows what make they were, we spent all wk end messing around on them, we must of drove his mum n dad crackers.

The crossfader was really bad and didnt last long with him thinking he was DJ Reckless at the DMC mixing championships every time he used it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Ah DMC champions.....I remember seeing cash money....so smooth...I had a mixer like his, couldn't even tell you what make ...all I rember it was tiny with wooden sides, quite a pucker little mixer, I don't remember selling it...but then that was over 30 years agoo_O

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ah DMC champions.....I remember seeing cash money....so smooth...I had a mixer like his, couldn't even tell you what make ...all I rember it was tiny with wooden sides, quite a pucker little mixer, I don't remember selling it...but then that was over 30 years agoo_O
Yeah yeah Cash Money was on the ball for sure, loved that Mc marvelous n Cash Money -Ugly People Be Quiet..
Dj David proppa upped the game though, do you remember his head scrathing, Cheese was also great with his handcuffs lol.

I remember cutmaster swift on terry wogan :ROFLMAO: old tezza didnt know what the fuk was goin on

Great times,those days when hip hop was good stuff, Mantronix on the get fresh tour pure gold and imo have never been matched, Mantronik never got recognition he deserves, King of The Beats was so good

Any one wanna go bk 2 1986 .....gis lift bk

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Didn't dj David win the year cutmaster swft was badly trying to defend his championship?
Ole Davy did look the nutz...but then on the slowed down replay...most of his moves were just moving the cross fade:ROFLMAO:...dont get me wrong he was the best that year, and way better than I could ever do

86 yeah...

You'll never guess what i picked up free this year.....blast from the past..1984

Bmx mongoose californian..
20210613_112156.jpg

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Didn't dj David win the year cutmaster swft was badly trying to defend his championship?
Ole Davy did look the nutz...but then on the slowed down replay...most of his moves were just moving the cross fade:ROFLMAO:...dont get me wrong he was the best that year, and way better than I could ever do

86 yeah...

You'll never guess what i picked up free this year.....blast from the past..1984

Bmx mongoose californian..View attachment 39760
:love::love::love::love:
That be worth a few quid (y)

Yeah David was good he won 90 and 91 cutmaster was 89
I think Cheese won in 86...

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
:ROFLMAO:...yeah but nothings worst than landing badly after a jump and whacking yer nutzo_O...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: yeah that ones a deffo killa....

My mate turned up on his Rally Burner a while back, hes really tall so it looks like he has nicked a kids bike when he rides it.

Attachments

• DSC_0268.jpg
    DSC_0268.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC_0267.jpg
    DSC_0267.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • Love

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
So I've been doing some research

.............................................kgf/cm2 (torque)
Stanton T92 mk2....................1.6
Stanton T60............................1
Pioneer Dj PLX 500................1.6
Pioneer Dj PLX1000...............4.5
Reloop RP 8000.....................4.5
Reloop RP 4000.....................1.6
Reloop RP 2000.....................1
Reloop RP 1000 mk2.............1
Stanton STR8 150..................4.5
Vestax PDT 5000...................1.6
Vestax PDX 2000...................1.7
Vestax PDX 3000...................2.7
Numark NTX 1000.................4
Numark TT200.....................1.5

And lastly ...tbh I'm proper surprised

Technics 1210mk2.................1.5

So in all anything 1.5 or higher is the spec to look for

Last edited:

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
I've just had a thought...if the deck has too powerful torque then it's not going to be any good for mixing....is it?

I remember when I had my 1210s and to slow down one deck I could just lightly rub my finger against the dots then let the slider catch up, but if the torque is too high this is going to take some pressure.
But gutted coz their is a pair of stanton 150 decks on ebay £300 but the torque on them is a massive 4.5

Anyone had any experience mixing with high torque decks?

Reactions: Albertryder

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Well I've only gone and done it.....got a set of decks
Call me old but I let my wallet rule my heart....and paid a huge £150 :ROFLMAO: for a pair of Stanton T80's.......tbh the smiley face slipmats they came with was the clincher;)

Reactions: Albertryder