My late introdution

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
Hi everyone, I've never really introduced myself properly on here until now so here goes....
First got into house in 1987 while I was at school when I bought an LP called house sounds of chicago volume 3, fell in love with house music & used to like to edit tapes and all that stuff. I borrowed I set of techincs (& 2 boxes of tunes) turntables off a mate when he was on holiday in 1989 and got the bug even more:crazy:
left school that year and started to go out, no where fancy as I only had a yts job at the time:cry: but it just happened that a local pub where I lived had started doing house nights on a friday and sunday night.:thumbsup:
The 2 Dj's that started these house nights played a massive part in influencing me into this genre of music :D they were Chris Burgess and Ken Grogan:king: the places where they played were in little hulton the kenyon arms and then onto the village club (which was a great night until the police stop it) then they moved on to the pleasuredrome in farnworth and I followed them this was 1991 and was one of the best times for me:love:
After the pleasuredrome occasionally went to bowlers found it to big to generate the same atmosphere as the pleasuredrome. so we mostly went clubs in blackpool like zone & oz which were ok. I also started Djing in my local pub in 92 which alot of time stopped me going to the clubs, but kept me in tunes:D anyway to cut along story short kept doing the mobile disc jockey thing up until 97 and lost intererst for about 5 years but when I was asked to do a wedding in 2002 and people there were asking for old skool it made me slowly get back into it again, I started buyin records off ebay ones I'd lost or missed first time around. then earlier this year when I bought a tune off someone from ebay they recommended the osa to me and that someone was Jack G. thanks Mr Galvin:thumbsup: since I've been a member I've spoke to some nice people and been made welcome to the forum.
Many thanks to you all

Last edited: