Morrissey Protest

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
My very own baby sister Lora, the world's biggest Morrissey fan started a passive protest today in Manchester City Centre regarding the allegations that Morrissey is racist. She made a huge banner which read 'Morrissey is NOT racist', (and t shirt saying 'fuck NME ') and walked up and down the main drag. She was asked to 'move on' by a security lady who informed her that she needed a liscence to parade the streets voicing her opinion. In true Lora style, she said, 'I don't need a frigging bit of paper to allow me to voice my opinion in public'......and so the woman said she wouldn't fine her.....

Lora told me that around 70% of people approached her with 'well done love', 'you're right there love', 'too right he isn't racist' - and the rest shouted at her calling her a racist. Lots of people agreed with Morrissey's comments, and also agreed that NME has done it's best to paint a shitty picture of him. The other 30% of people? - All Asians and Afro Carribeans. Apparently, one black guy told her, 'Morrissey IS a racist, and I bet you are too, you'll both burn in hell.' - Nice.

She has been interviewed by the MEN newspaper, and should appear in it tomorrow or on Monday....she has also been interviewed for 'Channel M', and the University of Manchester student paper. Shoul also be on MEN online over the weekend we think. Check it out if you are interested in the story and people's reactions. :thumbsup:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Just to show her dedication...........she got this pissing tattoo....my mum wouldn't speak to her for 2 weeks........

l_b21eb6c50120cc01b5e6ec2f32a093db.jpg

And in case you spot her around on her mad protest over the weekend...this is what she looks like........

l_38f1c1bfc1a478d99063cf3760a0a260.jpg

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Oops lol forgot the rest of the post :axe:

Well done to your sis for standing up for what she believes in and shit- it takes mega nerves 'spesh when you are going to make a few enemies.

As for the tat, well it would never get a famous person on me- they're too bloody unpredictable these days. Gaz Glitter, Pete Townsend. God forbid he turns out to be a crazy paedo or summat in 10 years.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I like Morrissey to but i would ask your sister if she is getting a little to obsessed about Morrissey {it's not very healthy} Morrissey will be chilling at home not giving a shit what people think and your sister will be getting herself in bother if Morrissey is not bothered i don't see why your sister should be so it's just a waste of time it's not going to make any difference to anyone,tell her to put her passion into something that will benefit her as a person like arts or something!.....Fair enough she like his music don't we all! but i doubt he is the person she thinks he is,if we all thought that he would have hundreds of different personlity's

Last edited:

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
I think its good your sister had the balls to do what she did.

I dont think Morrisey is a racist I just think what he said was a crock of rubbish and a little bit misguided but he has every right to say what he said without being branded a racist.

morrisey said:
Although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears. So the price is enormous.

I disagree with him using british in this statement. What is british identity?

Can you tell if you are a foreigner and land in gateshead if you are in britain? or land in liverpool? or land in glasgow? or land in cardiff?

There is no british identity to me. We are a mix of many cultures and a hodge podge of dialects and cultures even withhout the immigrants.

I think he is getting middle england and britishness confused IMO.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Loike da opera or da paintin or sumtik :D

YouTube - George Michael - Star Stories pt.2

Remeber how John Lennon died by some crazy fan! i hope she is sain! :D

Haha,will not just arts anything really but something about herself..

Everything is going to be wiped of this planet one day anyway Britain as well!..Wonder when the RoBoTs will arrive to take over hhhmmmm!!!!! i hope i get to see some of the RoBot! World!

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
My very own baby sister Lora, the world's biggest Morrissey fan started a passive protest today in Manchester City Centre regarding the allegations that Morrissey is racist. She made a huge banner which read 'Morrissey is NOT racist', (and t shirt saying 'fuck NME ') and walked up and down the main drag. She was asked to 'move on' by a security lady who informed her that she needed a liscence to parade the streets voicing her opinion. In true Lora style, she said, 'I don't need a frigging bit of paper to allow me to voice my opinion in public'......and so the woman said she wouldn't fine her..... :thumbsup:

Fekkin brilliant - full marks to your sister for standing up and making her point,
That's ace.

I read the article on Manchester Confidential online today and there's a big pic of your sis on Market Street with her t-shirt and banner.

It would also seem that you can't say anything controversial in this country anymore either, what the hell happend to free speech?

Gwaan Mozza, Gwaan Lora. :D

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Just to show her dedication...........she got this pissing tattoo....my mum wouldn't speak to her for 2 weeks........

l_b21eb6c50120cc01b5e6ec2f32a093db.jpg

And in case you spot her around on her mad protest over the weekend...this is what she looks like........

l_38f1c1bfc1a478d99063cf3760a0a260.jpg

Is that a Brother sewing machine in the background?