Mixers what you got ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Nothing special...Stanton T80s....got them off ebay and the bloke selling only lived 5mins down the road ...£200....offers.....I got them for £150
And they both have ortofon cartridges on them
They have a good torque at 1.6...+8....and +12.... the only thing I don't like is the straight arm..but for the money I can live with it.

Nothing won't get set up till next year...might bring my suitcase full of flyers down to complete the look ..lol
Sounds like you got a good deal(y)

I need to get mine set back, I put mine away in the flight cases when I repainted the room, and never set them back up, Ive not really been able to get in there with the mrs working from home everday for most of this yr....

I wanna get a pair of lids for mine, I dont think I will get genuine ones due to cost, and also it would mean making the unit top wider for when the lids up...

Reactions: Ruffenuff

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
I wanna get a pair of lids for mine, I dont think I will get genuine ones due to cost, and also it would mean making the unit top wider for when the lids up...
I see lids on the E for around 50 notes...obvs not the real deal...but look smart enough.
Doubt I'll bother with lids....probably just use my wife knickers

Her ass is big enough so should cover both decks o_O :ROFLMAO:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I see lids on the E for around 50 notes...obvs not the real deal...but look smart enough.
Doubt I'll bother with lids....probably just use my wife knickers

Her ass is big enough so should cover both decks o_O :ROFLMAO:
pmsl regards the knickers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Reason I want lids is the amount of dust that gets in the well around the base of the tone arm.

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
pmsl regards the knickers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Reason I want lids is the amount of dust that gets in the well around the base of the tone arm.
I bought some deck saver lids for mine. Bout 35 each they were

Decksaver for Technics SL1200 & SL1210 | getinthemix.com

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I bought some deck saver lids for mine. Bout 35 each they were

Decksaver for Technics SL1200 & SL1210 | getinthemix.com

(y) I was looking at the same ones the other day but on Westend Djs site.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Well worth the money. I accidentally sat on one when i put it on a chair. Took my fat ass and didnt break 😂🤦‍♂️
I going to to get one for my mixer aswell, a few yrs ago when me and the mrs were doing stupid hrs at work we used to have a cleaner come in on fridays.

Anyway I went to have a good old clang round on the decks on sunady morning, turns everything, put a track on used the cross fader and it just sounded like static being moved around, tbh I though the fader had packed up, I was about to start taking it apart, turns out the cleaner had used some good old Mr Sheen on my mixer, it stunk of it :LOL: took about a wik for it to dry out...

Last edited:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
I going to to get one for my mixer aswell, a few yrs ago when me and the mrs were doing stupid we used to have a cleaner come in on fridays.

Anyway I went to have a good old clang round on the decks on sunady morning, turns everything, put a track on used the cross fader and it just sounded like static being moved around, tbh I though the fader had packed up, I was about to start taking it apart, turns out the cleaner had used some good old Mr Sheen on my mixer, it stunk of it :LOL: took about a wik for it to dry out...
Yikes. I got a cover for the mixer too. Effo worth it 👍

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
I going to to get one for my mixer aswell, a few yrs ago when me and the mrs were doing stupid hrs at work we used to have a cleaner come in on fridays.

So the moral of the story is

Don't get a cleaner:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: chinatownswhite