Mindless Travel Agent Idiots

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Well well well....

I booked a holiday for me and 8 mates back in September....

2 of them have fallen pregnant and are expecting for next summer, so they can't go. I rang the travel agent in late Sep to cancel the two girls, 'yeah yeah that's fine, it'll take 24 hours etc....'

Suprise Suprise, I log onto my account to pay my bit of the trip off and the two ladies are still booked onto the holiday. The deadline has now passed to make amendments to the trip.....

Mindless fools on the phone start going, 'well its too late now so you'll still have to pay whether they go or not'. Totally missing the f**king point that I rang WELL in time to make the changes. Management don't seem to get it either. I suggested that maybe they dig up my recorded phone call as proof but that seems a bit too much for them to deal with as well.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone? Surely if I clog up their phone lines all of tomorrow it should be sorted? I don't fancy telling my friends that we each owe an extra £200 on top of our £350 :mad: :mad:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Wankers, how annoying. Don't let it drop! There must be some action you can take I wonder....file loads of complaints & keep hassling...x

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
ooo they are knobs.......just spoken to a *nice* lady who said, 'so you didn't want to add two people then?'........I pointed out that nobody ever called me back in any event.

Still not sorted! :mad: and there's a chance it's going to be more expensive now.

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Sorry to hear that Amy. :(
Classic case of "Computer says no."

A bit late now, but whenever you're dealing with situations like this, travel agents or otherwise, always follow any phone call up with a letter or fax, once it's in writing they haven't a leg to stand on.

Get your sister on the case, bet she'd sort 'em out, demo's and placards outside the shop and everything. :)

Hope you get it sorted.

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
That's disgusting.As Adam says follow up everything in terms of a confirmation email/letter but at the beginning of each call you make take a note of their name and surname if there happens to be two Karens for example.

Can you not bluff them with 'Watchdog' ???? Ask to speak to someone in authority again and point out your disgust in the manner of which their firm has let you down through their incompetence and how 'you' the person who chose their firm to give the business to now must cough up the extra dough and break the news to the others. I would even consider the citizens advice in search of options available to you,i personally would go down the bad publicity route again getting the name of the manager in charge of that dept.

Is it a local agent can you not call in ??? Start getting vocal the minute you set foot in the door i think they,ll soon accomodate you then...

The very best of luck

tricky nicky

Sep 18, 2006
in heaven of course!!
never take it as done until you get it in writing!!!! they are notorious for fooking things up!!!i should know my sister was one and she told me some horror stories.
you need to get to the shop and demand to see the manager, it should be on file that a phonecall was made and you cancelled, it may be an admin error, be very nice and explain the situation, they may well give in, if they dont just wreck the fooking joint and try to sell on the hols to someone else:D

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
Well well well....

I booked a holiday for me and 8 mates back in September....

2 of them have fallen pregnant and are expecting for next summer, so they can't go. I rang the travel agent in late Sep to cancel the two girls, 'yeah yeah that's fine, it'll take 24 hours etc....'

Suprise Suprise, I log onto my account to pay my bit of the trip off and the two ladies are still booked onto the holiday. The deadline has now passed to make amendments to the trip.....

Mindless fools on the phone start going, 'well its too late now so you'll still have to pay whether they go or not'. Totally missing the f**king point that I rang WELL in time to make the changes. Management don't seem to get it either. I suggested that maybe they dig up my recorded phone call as proof but that seems a bit too much for them to deal with as well.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone? Surely if I clog up their phone lines all of tomorrow it should be sorted? I don't fancy telling my friends that we each owe an extra £200 on top of our £350 :mad: :mad:

your, or their insurance should cover that.........get confermation of pregnanaces from the're gp, and fax confermation............the gp should be able to do that from there surgery........fax it over and seal it.....hope that helps

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Thanks for the advice people!

After waiting for half an hour on hold today following no contact from the pricks at the travel agent, I have drafted a rather detailed and assertive letter of complaint to them. If all else fails.....my daddy is quite willing to shout at them all ;) :cool:

lets see what happens!

cartouche91

Oct 5, 2006
manchester
legally you can cancel up to 10 weeks before departure date but you still have to forfeit the deposit, you cannot claim on your insurance for falliong pregnant they would laugh you out of the place.
this comes from my sister who worked in travel for 10 years hope ive been of some help:D