Lidl belt drive turntable versus Technics SL-1210GR!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

You will not believe this unless you see this with your own eyes a £84 turntable mixers better that a £1200 one.

I had people ranting on youtube how good these where compared to my Denons some people just talk poo :poop:

We can all get in that mind set just because we paid more for its better, I use to be like it with designer clothes in the 90's

it like waitrose verses Lidi most of the food is made in the same factory and just repackage for higher price.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Greg do you think these cheaper decks will still be working 10 - 25 odd yrs later, has in your Denons and other models?

I personally dont think they will stand the test of time like the early Technics have done, I'm not saying they are perfect, but they are bloody solid, hence why they hold there price...

I would also say, it does not matter what you have to mix on, its about finding your skills on what you have & how you master what you have to work with, and I have seen people mix really well on beltdrives in the past...

Im not saying these new ones are total crap etc, but I dont think they will have the longevity like the early technics have, imo I dont think the build quality on any of these new decks will come anywhere close to the old stuff..
For expample your a painter, you could do a really good job with a cheap brush, because thats your trade, but how long will that cheap brush last ....

Sometimes cheap is false economy

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I would not buy them johnny they are to cheap it was just a interesting video . I have bought motobike boots from lidl that are waterproof for £35 and lasted me 2 years. , I own a pair of £150 motorbike boots and they will probably outlast the Lidl ones but both are equal for comfort. They were great boots but look how many pairs I could of bought for the same price and I had to pay a £150 for ones's as good.

they were selling Motorbike helmets as well I did not buy one but I had mates saying they were as good as the expensive one.

am not saying the lidl turntable well outlast the Technic's but I would be gutted if I paid £1200 and a cheap £89 turntable mixed better.

The denon is a nice turntable is all brushed metal it made to a good quality the torn arm lets it down but for mixing it is great and I would buy another pair any day of the week.

I was very disappointed with the Stanton's they were very hard to mix on, maybe I got a pair that needed a service. But they were made well.

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
The denon is a nice turntable is all brushed metal it made to a good quality the torn arm lets it down but for mixing it is great and I would buy another pair any day of the week.

Ive just watched thats guys video Denon DJ VL12 Prime versus Technics SL-1210MK2

One of the features on the Denon that I thought was really good is the chamfer on the platter, I think the feedback issue would piss me off...

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
These are probably what am going to buy next pay day.

Screenshot_20200901-201234_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah I snapshot these as I couldn't be arsed to download the Image upload it again. I would rather have a pair of these than have a pair of stantons that don't do the job for the same money, I did think about getting a controller but you have to be sat in front of a computer and I can't be bothered with that and these will take wave file format all my music files are in wave format, instead of MP3 and you don't have to be sat in front of a computer to use these, you just plug in a USB stick and a way you go

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Ive just watched thats guys video Denon DJ VL12 Prime versus Technics SL-1210MK2

One of the features on the Denon that I thought was really good is the chamfer on the platter, I think the feedback issue would piss me off...

Just listen what he says about the denons in this video I have owned 1210 mr2 brand new had them for a few years and the technics is not a better deck the technic are not perfect they don't hold the beat on everything the denons are a lovely turntable mine never had any feed back issue their were issue with the first batch but denon did resolve this issues . They look so nice. I am not in the market for any turntable at the moment but if I was and I had £1000 kicking about I would buy the denons over the technics every day of the week. I don't want to be scent for a few months saving my money up and I can't be dealing with the damage the mixing was doing to my ears am done with it. am happy collecting tapes and gaming