levis rock box set ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
i used to have a box set of 5 rock albums called Levi rock, my mum won it in a Levi competition about 30yr ago, but i cant find anything on it anywhere :confused: I'm sure it would be worth a bit, and no doubt very rare, i don't have it any more, i might actually have the 5 albums dumped at a mates but in poor condition and not in the box, but not sure, i was just interested if they would have been worth anything if kept in a decent state i just wondered if anyone had heard of or stumbled across this set, just seems strange there seems to me no record of it, excuse the pun :$

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
cheers Barrie but its nothing to do with those 2, :( the 5 albums each covered a style IE punk/new wave/heavy rock/prog rock, i just cant understand why there is no mention anywhere of it as I'm sure it would be collectible and rare, especially being a competition prize, from memory i think it was one of 50 runners up prizes. so there can't be that many pressed.

Meekon

Feb 4, 2016
Levis Rock

Hi - eer? - a bit behind with this - was also looking round for info on this set as I do have the set. Interesting to hear it was possibly a prize as I don't recall that it was, but did have to send away for it, so that might have been a competition entry. Would be interested to hear anything else regarding the set if you have got any more info since the last post.
More info:
Issued by CBS Records - CBS Special division in 1980
Disks - LSP 14513
Disk 1 side 1 - LSP 13928 - to Disk 5 side 2 LSP 13932 - some disks have the same numbers.

If anyone wants any more info let me know.

Levis Rock.jpg

Last edited:

steelyram

Feb 10, 2021
Yes. I found it recently, i thought it would have good collectable value now. I purchased mine in 1980 and it wasnt cheap, seem to remember paying over 3 months and feel sure it cost as much as it is worth today. Disappointing. lol