Jen in U.K itinerary

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
why am i posting this? because i would love to meet up with you that i've talked with over the past month...for a bite and/or dancing. i thought it to be the better thing to do, rather than message each of you individually. ya know, a no-pressure-type thing.

if you're not interested, please feel free to move on to the next thread. :)

as it stands now, our itinerary is as follows:

we'll arrive in manc at 9 in the morning on friday 16 may, where we'll get our rental car, phone and a bite to eat.

then we'll travel down to birmingham for the day and into the night. we both love speed garage (TRUE, speed garage) and from what we have found, it looks as if birmingham is the place to get it.

saturday morning we'll travel to london.

tuesday morning we'll travel to brighton for the day.

wednesday morning, we'll travel to cardiff; stopping at a few places along the way.

friday afternoon we're traveling back to the manc/liverpool/leeds/huddersfield area to spend the rest of our 6 days there.

looking forward to it! :Jen.in.NC:

*******EDIT: No idea wtf we're doing when at this point.
~sigh~

Last edited:

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
RESPECT! But...thats a LOT of driving (on the wrong side of the road?) Manc to birmigham (BIG drive!) Do you know that? from there to London, not too bad, then to brighton not bad either, but.....Cardiff, hundreds of miles......But please do Leeds, well worth it! :thumbsup:

I may be wrong & you yanks don't mind doing loads of motorway miles between states? But ya talking hundreds of miles on our shit roads for them stops? Hope ya know that? never mind, Have a good one! :D

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
RESPECT! But...thats a LOT of driving (on the wrong side of the road?) Manc to birmigham (BIG drive!) Do you know that? from there to London, not too bad, then to brighton not bad either, but.....Cardiff, hundreds of miles......But please do Leeds, well worth it! :thumbsup:

I may be wrong & you yanks don't mind doing loads of motorway miles between states? But ya talking hundreds of miles on our shit roads for them stops? Hope ya know that? never mind, Have a good one! :D

thank you! i DID want to know about this, but i have asked so many questions already and i was trying to lay low. :$

birmingham to london is 2&1/2 hours.
brighton to cardiff is 3&1/2 hours.
manc to birmingham is only 1hour and 46minutes so...two hours. you're right. to us yanks, that's really nothing. :)
what, exactly, do you mean by "shit roads"?
what is the maximum speed on the roads such as M6, M54, etc.?

thanks, jiggywidit. that link is very helpful...beats looking everything up in my road atlas.

will do, miss c!

now...who's country, ed?

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
How do Jen How do :)

Where did u get them times from bout how many hours it gna take 2 get 2 u diffrnt citys ? shit roads means ull probably encounter alot of Traffic and a load of Roadworks n b stoppin alot mre than u think :) ull ave get learnin 2 drive on wrng side of the road quick ;) sounds like a wicked tour of the country ur plannin tho :) Cool :thumbsup:

ive bin drivin over 2 years now n u know what im not even sure i know what speed limit is lol 70 or 80 i think ,

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
How do Jen How do :)

Where did u get them times from bout how many hours it gna take 2 get 2 u diffrnt citys ?

shit roads means ull probably encounter alot of Traffic and a load of Roadworks n b stoppin alot mre than u think :)

:wave: hiya doddy.

from the link jigs posted above.

really? frickin' frack. :cry:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Yeah it's a rough guide that, probably in ideal conditions too and it's usually better to allow a bit more time - especially around built up areas like large towns and cities. Saying that, in more remote areas you can ofter shave time off those figures by traveling slightly quicker than the speed limit by going with the flow of the traffic;).

I travelled from Wigan to Newquay (328 miles) in 4.5hrs on a friday (the busiest day on the roads here) by *ahem* travelling with the flow of the traffic;) that was outside of the peak hours, even though the guide estimated over 6hrs.

It's better/quicker/less stressful to travel outside of the peak congestion times which are roughly around 6:30-9am and 15:30-18:30 in Greater Manchester.