Hooligan X - Flasher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

karma fan

Mar 9, 2004
Livin In A Dreamworld!
my god!! i didnt realise how hard it is to get hold of this! has anyone got some sort of a guide price for a copy? ive been searchin high and low for it for ages now, any info on it (number of releases etc) i think it was done by mc lee from 'havana's' in boro, cos thats where i first heard it, i loooooooooooove this tune, could someone please upload it for me (just so i can hear it again!) thanks everyone!

dodgymix

karma fan said:
my god!! i didnt realise how hard it is to get hold of this! has anyone got some sort of a guide price for a copy? ive been searchin high and low for it for ages now, any info on it (number of releases etc) i think it was done by mc lee from 'havana's' in boro, cos thats where i first heard it, i loooooooooooove this tune, could someone please upload it for me (just so i can hear it again!) thanks everyone!

Nolt like playing all your trump cards (wants) at the same time. The price has probably just doubled since you've mentioned the name with alt the Hawks circling;) .

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Lol Pauly P has 2 copies of this I think, and I think he got them for about 5 pence from a bargain bin. There should be a thread about it someowhere.

Can I be the first snob to say it isn't a patch on the original northern soul tune, and someone who does a cracking new funky version will make themselves a fortune.

Ed said:
Lol Pauly P has 2 copies of this I think, and I think he got them for about 5 pence from a bargain bin. There should be a thread about it someowhere.

Can I be the first snob to say it isn't a patch on the original northern soul tune, and someone who does a cracking new funky version will make themselves a fortune.

I've got both :D (Mistura n Hooligan X) both top tunes :D

karma fan

Mar 9, 2004
Livin In A Dreamworld!
Ed said:

hi Ed, wow, 2 copies of this! id kill for one of em! lol :cool:

karma fan said:
eh??????? all i did was put the names up f 2 records that im badly after, whats the matter with that? this sites all obout ooldskool, so if im doin summat wrong, IM SORRY

yer doin nowt wrong fella :)

if you need a rip of hooligan x I'd have a look on slsk 88-94 room (link to the slsk homepage is on www.piraterevival.co.uk)

if you get no joy I can rip for you :)

Ed said:

I might still have a couple hehe. I sold a copy to someone off here who has since sold it to someone else off here lol.
I remembered it from going to the Havana in Middlesborough in 90/91 and knowing was a copy of the Lloyd Michael`s northern soul tune and took me 11 years to even find out who really did this one with added help from this site too! it became an obsession to find this beast then it turns up cheap as I was looking for white label cat no PRE 1020. Its not even well produced but its just memories and that bassline phones:
i even bought a dreadful version by 2 to the power :(
There`s Front without a capital by Hooligan X also but its not that good.
There`s 9 people on discogs with a copy of the Flasher and Colin Patterson, Whoever played it at leeds warehouse (DJ Roy I think), Dale at the disc, Ste H, Cano and couple of others I know so there are still 285 copies out there ;) ;) :p :$

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
It used to get caned on the Sheffield Pirates cos Hooligan X used to play the City Hall Ballroom. I only found out the name of it when of all places it got played on the Colin Patterson Essential Mix (in 94/95) and I checked the tracklisting, but only ever found the actual vinyl in 01.

Adam72

Jan 5, 2006
yep,remember this from my havana days,if my memory serves me i think a lad from yarm,Sav i think he was called helped them out on this,got a copy from a mate a few years back,purchased from mr Colin Patterson who was working at Massai records in the boro at the time! Memories!!!