Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
Yeah DIY oldskool legends from Notts my old hometown:thumbsup:
Have spent many a hazy hour locked into their DEEEEEEEP house groove:spin: proper mix of people at diy doos, from crusty travellers to glam housey chicks, just as it should be.

Diy and the other mids soundsystems, BWPT, Smokscreen, Tribe of Twat Krunch etc were the inspiration for our partys we have down here these days:thumbsup:

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Yeah DIY oldskool legends from Notts my old hometown:thumbsup:
Have spent many a hazy hour locked into their DEEEEEEEP house groove:spin: proper mix of people at diy doos, from crusty travellers to glam housey chicks, just as it should be.

Diy and the other mids soundsystems, BWPT, Smokscreen, Tribe of Twat Krunch etc were the inspiration for our partys we have down here these days:thumbsup:

Hi mate circa 92-94 (in the main) i was partying in Notts and Derby. Did a lot of smokescreen nights at the Staircase and the Lo club as well as a few parties at Repton and NYE 94 at Sheffiled. Went to a few Bounces too at various venues. Good to see other people still carrying the torch.. were you at any of these nights?

:thumbsup:

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
Hi mate circa 92-94 (in the main) i was partying in Notts and Derby. Did a lot of smokescreen nights at the Staircase and the Lo club as well as a few parties at Repton and NYE 94 at Sheffiled. Went to a few Bounces too at various venues. Good to see other people still carrying the torch.. were you at any of these nights?

:thumbsup:

I was more into the acid techno of The BWPT soundsystem at that time, but attended loads of smokescreen partys and diy ones too, often linked up together. Cant remember too many details, but ashbourn quarry, and twyford woods come to mind also a church in sheffield.
We used to promote a techno night called amorphous, in leicester, Debbs, Digs, Whoosh n harry were regulars for us in the house room.
Remember very fondly the Apethorpe milenium NYE barn dance, with ALL the midlands systems working together over 3 barns. Biggest rig I ever did see:eek:
Lots of smokescreen doos at Marcus Garvey in notts, and also a derby club i cant remember the name of!
Im sure we must have crossed paths H74

Big up to the renegade soundsystems, we salute your sterling work for our community:love:

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
.. a church in sheffield... QUOTE]

Was that NYE by chance? I went to a crazy party in Sheffield NYE 94ish but im pretty sure that was in a school becos it had a playground and everything. I checked your profile pic and i do recognise ya Dan. More than likely we did cross paths in you used to go to the Garvey.. wicked times! Does Repton ring any bells?

Ap#thorp#

Feb 16, 2021
I was more into the acid techno of The BWPT soundsystem at that time, but attended loads of smokescreen partys and diy ones too, often linked up together. Cant remember too many details, but ashbourn quarry, and twyford woods come to mind also a church in sheffield.
We used to promote a techno night called amorphous, in leicester, Debbs, Digs, Whoosh n harry were regulars for us in the house room.
Remember very fondly the Apethorpe milenium NYE barn dance, with ALL the midlands systems working together over 3 barns. Biggest rig I ever did see:eek:
Lots of smokescreen doos at Marcus Garvey in notts, and also a derby club i cant remember the name of!
Im sure we must have crossed paths H74

Big up to the renegade soundsystems, we salute your sterling work for our community:love:

Ap#thorp#

Feb 16, 2021
My first party was at BWPT in Wakerley woods but I got more into House, playing few times at Krunch in the late 90's early 2000's. Great to hear you were also at the party in Apethorpe. It's up the road from my folks house and we went along. I saw your post and interested to find mixes from the times especially the acid techno mixes from the likes of Krunch soundsystem when they used to do acid techno. Dj's Yogurts, Bagpuss Kermit etc. I don't know any of the old members to ask.??
Good to hear about your experience, the time was amazing for music and the heady atmpshere of theses gatherings, really wild, really free!