Grimmy VS. Mariah - Someday

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Just thought I'd share this with ya, just playing around one afternoon ages ago and came up with this. Great what you can do with a handful of samples and a simple music making program thingy :)

Only low quality like and the samples aren't spot on, but have a butchers anyway phones:

GrimmyVSMariah - Someday

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
I just used the Cheap version of Acid called Acid DJ. Don't think they sell it anymore since the franchise was bought by Sony but it was bought for me as a gift in 2001 and is great for laying out rough versions of sample driven tracks. Highly reccomend it for beginners.

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Will look into that then , been meaning to give it a go for a while now , but tbh am a bit :| when it comes to it .. just be nice to play about at home like ..

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
CANO ... said:
Will look into that then , been meaning to give it a go for a while now , but tbh am a bit :| when it comes to it .. just be nice to play about at home like ..

That's how I learned how to compose a track, jus playing around like on simple programs. Listen to other artists work and try to imitate it, you learn a lot of things. Its easy with programs like these to use the samples you get with it but they're always shite. Try to create a track from scratch and you learn a lot more. Get a kick, snare, hi-hat, cymbal, bass stab and a few piano and vocal samples and you're on yer way :thumbsup: