Government to Inroduce Noise Limiting In Nightclubs - HAVE YOUR SAY! SAY NO!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
It seems the government are going for a nationwide legislation that will limit the sound levels in ALL UK entertainment venues. Doing this will obviously mean no more ringing ears when you put your furry little head on the pillow after a night out. But, do you really want that!?!

The recommended decibel limit is waaaay below what most live concerts and nightclubs currently blast out.

A petition has been created and you can vote against it by clicking here:

Petition to: NOT introduce sound control devices as a legal requirement in entertainmment venues!. | Number10.gov.uk

You will need to confirm it by logging into your email account in order for your name to be added to the petition. So far, over 23'000 people have voted. GET VOTING!! :cops:

Petition ends on January 23rd!!

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
I had a msg about this on facebook.. it also seems the government are to introduce a device which cuts the sound above the official maximum decibel limit!! I went to a fezzie in the summer and the sound lveles inside the main tents was a joke. There really is no point in putting on a party if you cant blast it out eh? Maybe this will drive things further undreground? Lets see..

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
I had a msg about this on facebook.. it also seems the government are to introduce a device which cuts the sound above the official maximum decibel limit!! I went to a fezzie in the summer and the sound lveles inside the main tents was a joke. There really is no point in putting on a party if you cant blast it out eh? Maybe this will drive things further undreground? Lets see..

Same thing has happened to me mate. Paid £18 a ticket to listen to other people speak over the music, the recommended limit is a joke!

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I voted, as we all should do.

Hope you don`t mind but I posted this on Italian Dance too.

More support, the better.

It seems the government are going for a nationwide legislation that will limit the sound levels in ALL UK entertainment venues. Doing this will obviously mean no more ringing ears when you put your furry little head on the pillow after a night out. But, do you really want that!?!

The recommended decibel limit is waaaay below what most live concerts and nightclubs currently blast out.

A petition has been created and you can vote against it by clicking here:

Petition to: NOT introduce sound control devices as a legal requirement in entertainmment venues!. | Number10.gov.uk

You will need to confirm it by logging into your email account in order for your name to be added to the petition. So far, over 23'000 people have voted. GET VOTING!! :cops:

Petition ends on January 23rd!!

Elate

May 6, 2008
:mad: What feking twatt dreamed this up????
I've posted it on another dance music forum so will hopefuly get some more signed.

grover

Jun 5, 2003
I blame the building of posh flats in city centres - some of the new(up their own arses) residents have started complaining in Liverpool about the noise of a few clubs recently. :cops:

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Maybe this will drive things further undreground? Lets see..

I have voted and promoted. But maybe this sort of crap draconian bullshit is exactly what youth culture needs to drive it underground and come up with something a bit more rebellious than being a chav.

I always try to look for positives

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
what a load of old pony!!!
were supposed to be this great nation that champions freedom and the wright to choose.....we'lle all be speekin frigin russion next:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :naughty:

To be honest, I can't say I'm surprised (not to say that I agree). I work in Personal Injury law and over the years have had to deal with plenty of Workplace related Noise Induced Hearing Loss cases......those in your thrities, ask yourself, do you have a problem hearing your mates in a pub with background noise, and I don't mean music. Just people chatting in the background will cause you to miss out on conversation. I suffer sometimes, and I have never worked on a building site. Clubs like Bowlers and Cream used to boast about the size of their soundsystems, and it doesn't take a genius to latch on that noise is cause of peoples problems. This is health and safety law creeping into our playtime, and I don't think that its got much to do with city centre living, and more to do with the welfare state covering its own back for the future.....thats my rant over with

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Voted anyway, is it just me or are there more and more kill joys about these days? :( Though I do think Westy has a point, people will try and squeeze any penny they can out of a claim wherever they can so it's not suprising that health and safety legislation has gone mad :S