G'day All

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ Shax

VIP Silver Member
Aug 7, 2021
G'day everybody - Help Needed! :)

I've lived in Sydney for 12 years but grew up in West Yorkshire and lived in Manchester for many years.

I started going out when I was about 14 to Bibby's (Capricorn Club), Tolerance and Universe in Bradford. Then we started venturing over to Leeds and became regulars mainly at The Gallery, Ark and KAOS before later crossing the Pennines and spending a fair bit of time at The Hac, Life @ Bowlers and Angels in Burnley.

About a month ago I went to an old school night in Sydney and saw Anthony Pappa play what was effectively an old Sasha set. It's the first time I've been to a club since I moved to Australia. It blew my mind! It was like I'd stepped in to a time machine and travelled back 25 years and 17,000km to the North West of England! :cool:
The crowd was a mixture of expats in their 40s and a younger student crowd. I was talking gibberish to people I didn't know but had danced next to all that time ago on the other side of the world. I had an equally fascinating natter to a young Indian kid who had come over from India to go to Uni in Sydney. He said, it was some of the best music he'd ever heard at which point I realised the last time I had danced to these tunes in a nightclub the young lad hadn't even been born! Very Surreal!

Anyway, moving on, I recently got made redundant and splashed out on a load of DJ gear to occupy my mind as my doctor says I need a hobby!

I still have my 1210's and all my vinyl but only really started buying records between around '96 and the early 2000's.

I've just invested in some XDJ's and would love to get my hands on all the tunes from around '89 to 96. I've got hundreds of tracks on Shazam that I've got from mix tapes over many years but I can find very few of them on Beatport, Spotify, Apple music etc. Most of them are on YouTube but the sound quality is poor.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can look for tracks from '89 to '96 in digital format? Online downloads, unmixed USB's etc.

Absolutely cracking website by the way!

All the best ✌️

Neil

Daz

VIP Silver Member
Jul 13, 2021
G'day everybody - Help Needed! :)

I've lived in Sydney for 12 years but grew up in West Yorkshire and lived in Manchester for many years.

I started going out when I was about 14 to Bibby's (Capricorn Club), Tolerance and Universe in Bradford. Then we started venturing over to Leeds and became regulars mainly at The Gallery, Ark and KAOS before later crossing the Pennines and spending a fair bit of time at The Hac, Life @ Bowlers and Angels in Burnley.

About a month ago I went to an old school night in Sydney and saw Anthony Pappa play what was effectively an old Sasha set. It's the first time I've been to a club since I moved to Australia. It blew my mind! It was like I'd stepped in to a time machine and travelled back 25 years and 17,000km to the North West of England! :cool:
The crowd was a mixture of expats in their 40s and a younger student crowd. I was talking gibberish to people I didn't know but had danced next to all that time ago on the other side of the world. I had an equally fascinating natter to a young Indian kid who had come over from India to go to Uni in Sydney. He said, it was some of the best music he'd ever heard at which point I realised the last time I had danced to these tunes in a nightclub the young lad hadn't even been born! Very Surreal!

Anyway, moving on, I recently got made redundant and splashed out on a load of DJ gear to occupy my mind as my doctor says I need a hobby!

I still have my 1210's and all my vinyl but only really started buying records between around '96 and the early 2000's.

I've just invested in some XDJ's and would love to get my hands on all the tunes from around '89 to 96. I've got hundreds of tracks on Shazam that I've got from mix tapes over many years but I can find very few of them on Beatport, Spotify, Apple music etc. Most of them are on YouTube but the sound quality is poor.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can look for tracks from '89 to '96 in digital format? Online downloads, unmixed USB's etc.

Absolutely cracking website by the way!

All the best ✌️

Neil
Hi pal I have quite a bit of that era but not a great deal of 96 upwards maybe could do a swap lol