Friendliest / Dogiest bouncers?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Following on from Spiely's thread - which clubs have you seen the best & worst of our guardians!

For me Legends had very friendly bouncers, they used to crack jokes & sing as everyone was queing up. Seen one lad try and smuggle his pills in one in each ear - the bouncer clocked them and asked him what was in his ear, the lad claimed to have an ear infection, the bouncer slapped him on the back - said that's the best excuse I've heard tonight lad - get yourself in!

Worst I thought were bowlers staff, miserable bastards used to kick off just 'cos u had a camera. Seen them absolutely leather one lad with those big maglite torches they used to carry then launch him across the chillout room & put his head through the front of a vending machine. Not nice.

one of me mates got done in with one of them there big torches at bowlers he was in a right mess.

theres a club in st helens called Nexus (piss ed club) and the latest trick by some of the door men is callin people back as there about to leave and then rippin there shirts off (i wouldnt mind but the lad who's doin it's a shit bag) no doubt one day he will do it to the wrong person and get fuckin flattened.

cant recall meetin any nice door men?????? :| :| :|

Zaccsta

Nov 24, 2002
Bradford
The bouncers at Bowlers are definately the biggest pricks I come across.

Them torches definately made a few ppl see the light. Ouch!!!!!

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
worst

the vague / speed queen @warehouse leeds

the 'dore whores'

and that bloody elliot (the fag) at lovetobe

if he didn't like your shirt you wheren't coming in

best

too many to mention, always have had a good laugh with most
bouncers

Zaccsta said:
The bouncers at Bowlers are definately the biggest pricks I come across.

Them torches definately made a few ppl see the light. Ouch!!!!!

Too right - when that beefy fekker with the big black rubber gloves used to come stomping round the chillout room people always seemed to find the energy to get up and get out of there!

Park Hall bouncers used to do a great line in bouncing people down the steel fire-escape if they caught em trying to get in on the sly - but for me the award goes to them vicious pr1cks who used to do the Federation in Blackpool who did over a fair few of my mates.

Oh yeah and them n0bs who work at Applejax in Chorley, 'you can't come in your pissed.'

"Of course I'm bloody pissed - there's no way I'd ever set foot in there sober!" :D

Oh yeah - and them total gits who think they are the bloody fashion police! Namely the buggers on the door at Gatecrasher and at Gods Kitchen! I don't appreciate spending 3hrs driving to an overpriced, overhyped room with music playing in it to be told that I'm not dressed right by some tw@t who's entire wardrobe probably cost less than 1 of my god-damn shoelaces!!!!!!!

:mad: AAArrrrrrggghhhh!!!!! :mad:

:splat:

Hmm - think I'd better go lie in a darkened room for a bit. :tonksi:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
again put a london theme on things,

best crew was at the original laberynth dalston lane (before the extension pre 94)...used to sit down and have a chat etc after the q's had gone down and they could see there would be no problems. they used to get right into the music etc.

would also say that lazerdrome bouncing crew were cool although if you crossed them you knew about it.

worst would be at a party total recall (91 east end london) where the bouncers were bastards, all had huge dogs which constantly barked at you, they were shouting at everybody constantly looking for a reaction so they could have a ruck. good night but dodgy dodgy crew.

si

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
the friendilist bouncers ive seen was at fantasy island in skegness,was the ist time ive been out and the bouncers do not talk down to you.

the dodgeist was at club 051 in liverpool,fuck me they are twats ,one threatned me once in the toilets .and ive heard a lot of storys of them robbing your money when your getting searched.
on boxing day this year at maximes i saw a lad get the shit kicked out of him by about 6 bouncers then throw him down both sets off stairs,they are uasually alright though.

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
have to totally

disagree with the labyrinth is dalston cause someone i know od-ed there and was just left on the pavement outside by the bouncers. Friendliest/funniest and nastiest was at malibu staceys in london. If he thought you were almost dressed up ok then he'd ask you to sing an elvis song to get in. Never forget my friend muriel going into an elvis costello number! my best experience was at the astoria in london with notorious bouncers so we were all bricking it. I had mine elastoplasted under my nads, my mate in tinfoil in his mouth we were that scared. I had a ponytail in those days and i get this bouncer who starts searching me vigorously. Then starts searching my ponytail says " that's where i used to hide mine mate. then winks at me goes " come on i know they're here somewhere" then says " have a great fucking new year mate.
He'll always be in memory cause it was such a funny manouver