Solved

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
Dj Vertigo played it as his last track in his Utopia set in Bradford 1993. Sounds very like Goa trance and has some type of chanting or signing - possibley African or Indian chanting? Can somebody please help me find it 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Dj Vertigo played it as his last track in his Utopia set in Bradford 1993. Sounds very like Goa trance and has some type of chanting or signing - possibley African or Indian chanting? Can somebody please help me find it 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you for your help
I've been after this for years, as well. He also played it on his Grin/M62 tape (2nd track). I have asked on Mixcloud but have never had any response. I have heard it played out only once but in Nottingham, which gives me hope that there may be quite a few people who know it. Also to add, this track has the same sample....

Reactions: Albertryder

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
Thanks for your help guys, seems to be a rare enough one alright and like you guys i have only heard it on 3 mixes and never live, two of them were vertigo mixes and the other from an Irish Dj's mix. All mixes were from 93 so its highly possible the tune is from that year but what style is it even. Have Goa elements as well as prog house/trance. Been searching for a long time for this one but sadly no luck yet.

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
I've been after this for years, as well. He also played it on his Grin/M62 tape (2nd track). I have asked on Mixcloud but have never had any response. I have heard it played out only once but in Nottingham, which gives me hope that there may be quite a few people who know it. Also to add, this track has the same sample....
SCR101.5 Thank you for sharing the other track with the same sample, its actually a great track too played by Top Buzz i believe in 91. Quite a unique sample , this is the only place i have ever heard it outside the main tune

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
SCR101.5 Thank you for sharing the other track with the same sample, its actually a great track too played by Top Buzz i believe in 91. Quite a unique sample , this is the only place i have ever heard it outside the main tune
Yes, I only know it from the NYE Fantazia set.
I would've said the track we're searching for is Progressive (trance/house) rather than Goa and I wouldn't even want to pin it down to a geographical area.

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Thanks for your help guys, seems to be a rare enough one alright and like you guys i have only heard it on 3 mixes and never live, two of them were vertigo mixes and the other from an Irish Dj's mix. All mixes were from 93 so its highly possible the tune is from that year but what style is it even. Have Goa elements as well as prog house/trance. Been searching for a long time for this one but sadly no luck yet.
What Irish dj mix, is it in?

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
What Irish dj mix, is it in?
An old mix from 93 in a club called asylum, can only find half the set but its the very last track on this. ,, on a separate note would you have any ideas on the track @ 25 mins please SCR101.5? -

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
An old mix from 93 in a club called asylum, can only find half the set but its the very last track on this. ,, on a separate note would you have any ideas on the track @ 25 mins please SCR101.5? -
Lol- that's so pitched up as the last track. I've had a listen to @25 mins- sorry, I don't know it.

Reactions: Raven

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
Lol- that's so pitched up as the last track. I've had a listen to @25 mins- sorry, I don't know it.
Lol yes i have to agree it's pretty fast but i think it originally played slower and over years of re-recording the tape is got faster and more distorted. Its the only other place i have heard it though sadly

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
So, I think the parameters are June/July 93 or was the Ed Case mix before that?
Yes i am also thinking Mid 93 , I don't have an exact date for the Ed case mix sadly but it's from 93 and all the tracks i know off the mix are no later than 93 . I did ask him for the name but he is one of those that wouldent tell you if his life depended on it, very sad. I have also wrote to Vertigo but still have not got a response. Also been searching thousands of listings on Discogs for the last few weeks and no luck. We Need some more clues 🙏

Reactions: SCR101.5

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
Put it this way, it's absolutely out there to be found, we just need to keep trying every avenue of possibility

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Yes i am also thinking Mid 93 , I don't have an exact date for the Ed case mix sadly but it's from 93 and all the tracks i know off the mix are no later than 93 . I did ask him for the name but he is one of those that wouldent tell you if his life depended on it, very sad. I have also wrote to Vertigo but still have not got a response. Also been searching thousands of listings on Discogs for the last few weeks and no luck. We Need some more clues 🙏
That's poor, when somebody won't reveal the name of a track.

Raven

Feb 20, 2021
That's poor, when somebody won't reveal the name of a track.
I couldent agree more, alas i seen enough of him through time to know he has nothing more than the small bit of power he desperately clings too by knowing the name of a few records that some people don't. Very unfortunate this is one of them though

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
I couldent agree more, alas i seen enough of him through time to know he has nothing more than the small bit of power he desperately clings too by knowing the name of a few records that some people don't. Very unfortunate this is one of them though
FFS- what the hell is wrong with people? Sorry, I know it's not massively important in the grand scheme of pandemics etc, BUT.........

Reactions: Raven