Discogs Play Back Error

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I'm getting play back errors all the time on cogs, does anyone else get the same ????
Its enough to drive ya nuts tbh :mad:
I dont get why it happens, because the same vid via youtube plays perfect

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
Yep , I find the whole website very frustrating tbh . Sometimes I get the playback error sometimes not , seems 50/50 .

I also find the app annoying , the search is garbage for me and also when you go back after finding the tune it resets back to the home page .

I also find it annoying on the app when trying to play a video, it takes you to the YouTube app instead of playing it through the app like it use too embedded .

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Yep , I find the whole website very frustrating tbh . Sometimes I get the playback error sometimes not , seems 50/50 .

I also find the app annoying , the search is garbage for me and also when you go back after finding the tune it resets back to the home page .

I also find it annoying on the app when trying to play a video, it takes you to the YouTube app instead of playing it through the app like it use too embedded .
I dont ever use it on my phone, if I did I would have it set to desktop mode, the search engine can be odd, somtimes ive put the full track name in and nothing comes up, make the name shorter and it comes up :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I wonder if yotube are doing the playback error on purpose on the cogs page to push traffic direct to YT, either way its mind bending, even if I refresh the page it still does the playbk error.

Reactions: U31 and Doddy

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
Yeah the search is definitely odd and does my head in .

When I refresh the page mate the videos normally play , that's the only way it works for me , as when I first visit page I get the error .

I use Google chrome on the PC when it does this , not sure if it does this with other browsers.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Yeah the search is definitely odd and does my head in .

When I refresh the page mate the videos normally play , that's the only way it works for me , as when I first visit page I get the error .

I use Google chrome on the PC when it does this , not sure if it does this with other browsers.
I use fire fox and deffo does the same

Reactions: Doddy

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
if there's multiple videos & some are broken links it can stop them from playing

above the youtube video click 'edit' you can play the working videos from there, I usually delete the dead videos & 'save changes'

EDIT: it doesnt says 'edit' on a master release, click one of the subs

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I think its the other way around discogs is trying to keep people on their site, while playing a video you used to be able to click 'watch on youtube' thats now gone
Scott I thought the same, but that function is still there, you now have to click on the title in the top of the video frame.
But you have to start the video playing in cogs before you can do it (y)

Edited to add:
Ive got that part wrong about having to click play before it will open in YT, you can just click the titile and it will open in youtube.

Last edited:

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Have you had the bug with Google Chrome and you click the Youtube link and it opens up the player full screen goes black and cant even get to task manager to close t. Have too fully reboot your PC?

Discogs is getting too stressful now as I've got all the bargain stuff and its just full of utter twats selling at 3 x the highest ever sold price. Sort of people I want the record to warp from storage and become unplayable, so they cant sell it.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Have you had the bug with Google Chrome and you click the Youtube link and it opens up the player full screen goes black and cant even get to task manager to close t. Have too fully reboot your PC?

Discogs is getting too stressful now as I've got all the bargain stuff and its just full of utter twats selling at 3 x the highest ever sold price. Sort of people I want the record to warp from storage and become unplayable, so they cant sell it.
Ive never had that problem, I dont use chrome though, I use FireFox

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
This is really starting to get on my tits also (in the red square , what purpose does that element serve????? apart from piss you off and slow the page down...

The same crap moves down to the bottom corner when you scroll down :mad:

Attachments

• cogs1.png
    cogs1.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 77