Decks question

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
YOu wire up a really strong elastic band to the drive mechanism on it.....attach that to a hamster wheel. Feed the hamster half a gram of billy & not only do you get +108 speed, you can power the amp at the same time !!

Fab & groovy !!!

For the RSPCA *No hamsters were hurt during the fimling of this production - they do it for the love of the music!!* :thumbsup !! :D

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Pixie said:
YOu wire up a really strong elastic band to the drive mechanism on it.....attach that to a hamster wheel. Feed the hamster half a gram of billy & not only do you get +108 speed, you can power the amp at the same time !!

Fab & groovy !!!

For the RSPCA *No hamsters were hurt during the fimling of this production - they do it for the love of the music!!* :thumbsup !! :D

LMFAO @ Pixie

Nice 1 :thumbsup: :D :D :D

rob s.

Aug 8, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Check out the Hyperreal article on 1210s - all the tweaking you could ever wish for!

Here's the stuff about pitch control:

Some have said that you can get +-15% pitch gain by doing this but on the decks that I have tried this on it doesn't get up that high. One consideration if you try this is that it gets harder to zero in on the exact speed when mixing beats.
Remove the top panel under the platter. Look at the upper right hand corner of the PCB (printed circuit board). There will be a colored pot up there (blue) which sez "pitch" next to it. Use a multimeter on the pot to get a reference before turning it if you want to get back to where you started from. (test for resistance, one clip to the lead facing the back, the other on the lead to the right) Turning to the right should increase the gain (greater than +-8%) and vice versa. The pot is a little touchy when it comes to precision adjustment. There's a way to get it into factory spec with a frequency counter but I don't remember how at the moment.
I would deffo check out the rest of the article before you start though and pay attention to the precautions and disclaimers (cos if you mess up you can royally bugger your decks), and it might be worth checking out some other methods (all pretty much the same though, but phrased differently and thus maybe more clearly).

The Hyperreal article is kinda technical (bangin' on about multimiters and t'ing) but you can find a page of sites here which have slightly more down-to-earth instructions!

Couldn't find anything for Gemini, but have a browse on Google and you're bound to find something!

:)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Cant say Im an expert, and I dont own anything as fancy as 1200's or gemini's, but most electrical driven mechanical drives like decks and tape machines etc have a metal potentiometer which is normaly quite small, say 5mm Dia with a little slot in the top meant for an electrical screwdriver. teak it left or right as required, but dont forget to mark where it was!! - and dont attempt it with ya decks plugged in either 'cos I know its tempting. A small tweak of say 2 degrees can go a long way, but I wouldnt be heavy handed or fanny round too much cos they can break pretty easily in my experience.

See ya,

Sirius.

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
aye your rite their bout the little dials- i pitched my decks up soon as i got em (1200"s) all ya do is take of the plate (tis a feker to get off well it is on mine always end up catchin ends me fingers !!) then unscrew the metal top thats underneath,and their should be 2 littel white dials in the top right hand region ,one to adjust the brake and one the pitch!! the pitch one is the right hand one,it should have a little arrow engraved on it,mark were the arrow is (sos you can always put them back )and turn to the right all the way round, now the thing is after youve done this you may find one deck faster than the other so its a case of doin it again and again with 2 records until ya get em to the same speed each !(prolly aint explained very well but thats how i did mine and mine are spot on !!!! :thumbsup: