David Cameron keepin' it real 4 da yoots, innit?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
David Cameron in rap music 'summit'

4239BB456132D6D65BC4246ABFE2E.jpg

A US rapper is due to meet Tory leader David Cameron for a "summit" to discuss the effect of the genre's lyrics on young people.
Rhymefest - real name Che Smith - asked to meet over a "cup of tea" after hearing the politician's criticism of DJs for playing violent songs.
Such music "encourages people to carry guns and knives", Mr Cameron told Radio 1 earlier this year, suggesting it should be banned from the airwaves.
Rhymefest, 29, who prefers to avoid such subjects in his lyrics, wrote to Mr Cameron challenging him to sit down with a rapper face to face.
A spokesman confirmed the pair would meet on Thursday - probably in the Tory leader's office in the House of Commons.
But Labour MP Stephen Pound told the Daily Mail newspaper it was a "step too far" in Mr Cameron's efforts to win the youth vote.
A source close to Mr Cameron insisted that the meeting was not intended as a "PR stunt" and would be "totally private".
"He asked to meet with David many months ago, we agreed and this was the first slot in the diary," the source said.
"We are absolutely adamant that it is not a PR stunt and so it will be totally private."

Big up yaself badbwoy........:|

"Guns don't kill people, politicians do......."

How far will politicians go to try to get the "yoof" vote?

It's bollocks......we need a revolution, I tell you......

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Same shit different year,

Hip hops been around for many years, why the fook does someone like this pompus prick think he can change the scene :confused:

I say put him on a plane over to Compton where he could have a meeting with Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem & 50 Cent. Then lets see him try & change things :p

If you ask me they are some of the most talented songwriters there ever has been :thumbsup:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
It's bollocks......we need a revolution, I tell you......

If things carry on, there will be one :thumbsup: . No fear. Its only the apathy of the British sheeple thats prevented it so far.

In my later life, I actually agree with CaMORON 'dissing' the gangsta rap, with its bitches, whores, piece packing niggaz, and general 'chip on black shoulder' whinging and moaning about the Police and all the god damn rest of it.

Banning it is too far, and not realisticly enforcable, but yeah even though its something I used to listen to when I was 12 years old, I think it is a self fulfilling/prophecy genre in the broader sense.

As for Dippy Dave, well, as far as Im concerned he is doing a great job.........no seriously, he is singlehandedly recruiting more BNP members from the political 'right' than you can shake a stick at :thumbsup: .

Carry on Dave,

all the best,

Sirius

Last edited: