Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Soft as Anything.

I know exactly what you mean Mixster. Mrs Radish and I own a Japanese Akita and he is the most placid, lovely dog you could wish to own. Mind You, he has been brought up that way. At 8 stone, the last thing you need is a wild animal on the end of a lead. I would hate to have a dog or image where the aim was to make people cross the street than walk past you, but that's what they get off on as they have feck all else in life.

Teco despite his breed is almost a local celebrity where we live. All the children and parents love him, he has his own bowl in the pub and nearly everyone knows his name, but not ours!!!

Without a doubt, some individual dogs are just bad'uns and some breeds are more powerful; however, most dogs are turned bad by brutality or lack of care. . . . just like Children!

Check out Teco on the photo below or my user profile picture! Japanese Fighting Dog. . . . Very Dangerous?????

Don't worry TC, your Rotties aren't included! Dangerous dogs are:

Pit Bull Terrier
Japanese Toza
Dogo Argentino
Fila Brasileiro.

The dogs aren't banned as such, it's breeding them that isn't allowed. You can have one so long as it's neutered and muzzled in public, I think.

I agree with what was said earlier about it's not the dog's fault but the owner. There's a guy near where I work that seems to have an endless stream of Staffordshire Bull terrier pups. I love dogs, and can't bear to see the way he treats them. He deliberately tries to make them aggressive, and won't let them have human contact. the one pup was so friendly and tried to come to you as it walked past - he would drag it away and hit it. Made me want to hit him! He's a massive f*cker though. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have a dog at all, but they're the ones that always want/seem to have a Japanese Akita/Pit Bull/Rottweiler etc.

Attachments

• 106_0633.JPG
    106_0633.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 8,931
  • scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,851

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I know exactly what you mean Mixster. Mrs Radish and I own a Japanese Akita and he is the most placid, lovely dog you could wish to own. .

Check out Teco on the photo below or my user profile picture! Japanese Fighting Dog. . . . Very Dangerous?????

aww he's beautiful mate :D but I admit I did read his name as "Tesco" to start with :rofl:
my friend Kate has got one of those , right soppy ball of fluff she is too (the dog, not Kate, lol) :thumbsup:

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
There has been loads of American Bulldogs seized around here it doesnt seem to be easing off........had a PM from a girl off another site today saying that she is waiting for her day in court on the 20th April to get her 7 month old AB back (along with the owners of 15 - 20 other dogs), but when they have been seized you cant prove that they are not pitt types just try to get them on the exempt register, then they have to be muzzled, microchipped, tattooed, nuetered and on a lead in public, this poor girl was asking if anybody had any land a field maybe that she could let her dog run freely on when she gets her home....its a crying shame, you buy a dog thats NOT on the DDA and yet you still have to fight for their life in court,disgraceful:cry: Congrats to the first lot who won their cases a few weeks back and who got their dogs back a couple of weeks ago.........and condolences to the owners who's dogs died of Parvo whilst in the kennels of the police:| before they could get them back....
Biggz i didnt watch it:S just cant....

Duke

I've encountered a few nasty dogs in my time (yes, yes....the four legged variety) and I agree with what most people say about "no bad dogs, just bad owners" etc etc, but...........

There was a Rottweiller near where we used to live and one night when I was out with my Collie-cross (on a lead), it came around the corner (not on a lead) and went straight for my dog.

I let my dog go to give him a fighting chance and while the Rottweiller and him were scuffling I grabbed the feckin thing by the back of the collar and started to strangle the tw*t. It let go of my dog and turned its attention to me.........My dog took full advantage of this and ran round and started biting its arse!! lol

Anyway.....the Rottweillers owner came round the corner and gave it the old "what's going on here"........and I gave it the "get this fookin dog on a lead before I kill it you prick" kinda thing..........all over and done with.

Anyway...........before this incident, I'd seen this Rottweiller a few times and always said it had a funny look in it's eyes....kinda "vacant".....maybe as some psycopaths have been described. I spoke to it's owner a few times and he always seemed to be very strict with the dog and it did generally do as he asked/told it. I don't think he was a bad owner, but I do believe that it was a bad dog

After the strangling affair, it always stared like hell at me whenever it walked past and out two dogs fookin hated eachother.

I was going to poison it, but never got round to it before we moved house.

According to experts, Staffordshire Bull Terriers are one of the best breeds to have if you want a dog and have young children. I believe this is due to their good nature and high tolerance to pain and hassle.
i knew an asian lad who had a rottie that hated white & black people it only liked asian people, it wud c u the otherside of the road & pull the young lad with him across the road ,i've had to stand on top of a letter box to get away from it , so i belive its the owners fault for most of the bad dogs around ,but theres a bit of wolf in every dog so the nicest dogs can turn nasty ,but most of the time they r your best m8 ,my family used to breed staffies yrs ago and thats all they'll have as pets ,it's rite about thier good nature:thumbsup: