crescendo-are you out there argument

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Hi Folks :thumbsup:

Just lookin for a bit of help to settle a long runnin argument. It seems that us humans are divided into two seperate sub spieces when it comes to our hearing, and what we actually hear when a track is being played. :S

During the track are you out there by crescendo when it breaks down, i clearly hear the words "let the heavens open" as do a few of my friends, however many other people hear "la la te he" which to me makes no sense unless your in nero order coffee. At first i just thought the people sayin it was takin the piss to wind me up, however over a couple of years i have tried this out on many people (with no connection to the ones in the argument) and there is a definate split, 50/50 who say let the heavens open/la la te he. its amazin how many people have said exactly the same la la te he. Try it out yourself with others and see what they come up with.

What do you hear? im presumin be house boffins you to will hear let the heavens open, but maybe not?

are the other tracks that have caused you confusion?
italooldskool ;) ;)

dodgymix

let the heavens open, deffo, i first heard this at beyond beach babylon in Huddersfield in 1995 at a renaissance do, Ian Ossia dropped it and the place went mental. I heard about the tune but had not heard it before it got played that night and i still love it.

trainspotters out there.

what does "crescendo" mean, I know do you????

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
dodgymix said:
trainspotters out there.

what does "crescendo" mean, I know do you????

Please enlighten me you fountain of knowledge :p

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
It's a musical term for 'building up' or 'getting louder' isnt it?

Has there ever been a thread on here for misheard lyrics, always good for a laugh... might start one in a bit if I can think of any good ones.

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
Yeah, the vocal is on that clip :)

Top Tunage.

The Symphonic Variations on one of the 2 Cd's is awesome, 24 mins long, and it just builds and builds and builds !! phones:

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
All of you that can't hear that says' Let the heavens open' are clearly bonkers.

Plain as the nose on me boat.

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
thank god for mp3's couldn't be arsed looking for and digging this one out

'like a heron G.....eeeee'

my favourite has got to be a liason D track 'por la patria'
never ever play this at a liverpool oldskool night

never realised the wolf man frank was a reds fan

'come on man u'

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
CaliUK said:
Fucking top tune from the glory days - remember Tong dropping this at that Essential Mix at the Que Club in '95. I nearly wept :cry:

Best essential mix ever that, Tong, Oakenfold and Sasha.
In Brum.
When we were kings!

Reactions: Albertryder