Breaking Bad *WARNING, do not open until you have seen the last episode*

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I don't want to spoil Breaking Bad for anyone, so hopefully, if you're still watching or intend to start watching this, then you don't read this thread until you watch the last episode.

For those that have though, the best series ever has come to an end. I'm disappointed it couldn't run for longer, but at least it finished with a shit load of tension, highs, unfinished business being settled, more twists than Strictly Come Dancing and left you to tidy up and play out the likely outcome for the survivors.

Will Walt and Uncle Jack's gang take the full rap for the meth lab though? Did Jessie leave his prints on the equipment as he was mid cook (probably gloved up then come to think about it)? I think most of us would like to believe he got a second chance, free from the drug business (Incredible performance by the way). Maybe he found his true calling in life with his woodworking, but being held captive for so long would probably send most people nuts.

So while it answered a lot of questions, and seemed to magically make a lot of things right in the end, it can never really reach a point of perfect equilibrium because it could never have a happy ending, just a best outcome from all the messed up shit that happened.

I thought that Uncle Jack's gang could have turned into a great spin off, before they got their commuppance , but at the moment it looks like Saul is the only member of the cast getting a follow on - in the form of a prequel to show how he got so corrupt to begin with.

Who knows, but if AMC have a couple of bad years of ratings then they might find a way to bring this back. Will Walt survive? He was found fairly quickly and if he does survive, where can it go next?

Maybe a film version will come at some point, but I can't see it working unless the writers get the ball rolling fast before the stars playing the characters change appearance too much.

Anyone got any views?

Presuming Ed

Really loved Breaking Bad and like you I am disappointed it's finished. I thought the ending was quite good and settled a few scores nicely. I'm pretty sure Walt is dead as when the police move in one checks his pulse and I'm sure there's a slight shake of the head that follows. I'm definitely looking forward to the Saul spin off, but it has a tough act to follow. Ed

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Ah, well spotted Ed. I'll be re-watching the whole thing again at some point, but i'll have to re-watch the last episode again later as I missed that.

Haven't even gotten around to reading the show synopsis for the finale either yet. There's that many reporters done one that I can't work out who does my usual recap.