Another one bites the dust - Vestax goes out of business

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
I really hope not, Vestsx is a name I have grown up with although I must admit I have never had any of the equipment other than V300 which was not a great bit of kit. I did go through a stage of wanting to collect a load of old classic mixers for a display and Vestsx had a few entries in my wants list. Issue I had was that some of the old mixers are near impossible to get ie the Dom mk1 which was revolutionary, too expensive and the stuff of dreams in 1992, can you get a working example today......no!

Fingers crossed for Vestax however maybe a sign of a dying scene. Wanting to snag a classic mk1 1200 in great condition and cheap compared to Europe and US, won't post outside Aus so good job Tassi is part of the lucky country.

S

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Thats dissapointing but as Ivan says not a massive surprise..

These days DJ'ing is getting as much about software as hardware..even mixers need to be intergrated these days.

I had a vestax mixer and was rock solid imo and have had a go on a vestax deck (cant remember the model and was okay).

Shame when theres plenty of shit brands still goin :|

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It wasn't just mixers with Vestax, although they were used by almost everybody in the early 90's and almost all the turntablists until the late 2000's when the 57 came along and changed everything. They were what most of us wanted to own and I had 2 great mixers from them.

They were innovators in all sorts of stuff from the best turntablist turntable, in the right hands (the Control One), to vinyl cutting machines and I suppose some would say the controllers.