Allister Whitehead & Jeremy Healy @ Bangkok 1994

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
The last time I mucked around with mixing was a pair of really old german decks back in the 90s and a mate who played guitar and loved grunge was actually better at mixing than me and a bloke I knew who was trying to break into it, but I see what you mean, it looks a hi tech setup, be interesting to see some replies. Have a good evening, notlob!

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
I think he was a vinyl DJ back in the 90s, perhaps he uses them for timing in and out of his mixes, I will have to have a listen to some of his recent sets. Am actually gutted, at least as far as my hazy memory can think back, that he never spun a set at the Temple in Bolton, but I am sure he must have done at some point though. DJ Angel is one from the 90s who stood out when she spun at the Temple, went down one saturday night when GP was meant to be on, only for a typed notice on the way in saying he was not there that night, for whatever reason!

Thanks for the posts and the nostalgia!

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I think he was a vinyl DJ back in the 90s, perhaps he uses them for timing in and out of his mixes, I will have to have a listen to some of his recent sets. Am actually gutted, at least as far as my hazy memory can think back, that he never spun a set at the Temple in Bolton, but I am sure he must have done at some point though. DJ Angel is one from the 90s who stood out when she spun at the Temple, went down one saturday night when GP was meant to be on, only for a typed notice on the way in saying he was not there that night, for whatever reason!

Thanks for the posts and the nostalgia!

He would of not used them for timing out for his mixing it all done by counting as I can beat match with vinyl thats why they always have one head phone off

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
Agreed, his mixtapes in the 90s were solid, I actually found him better than Graeme Park, as while GP was good, he would make the odd cock up, I should not be too critical though, apart from some limited ability with playing the bongos, I am useless musically, lol. Agree about Sasha and Digweed, never been to a club or festival when they have DJed together, but talked to someone who has and says that they do DJ well together and it is something that can only be experienced when they do so, his words were something like you can feel it in the room, alas nowadays all clubbing events some postponed for some time! Thanks for all your replies!

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I have never seen John digweed or sasha live i have heard plenty of their mixes on tape & CD I stopped going to event's in my early 30s, I still collect tapes but its the only thing I have to do with it anymore.

Last edited:

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
Same here, I don't go out and glad I been there and done it, so to speak. I did happen to be at a nightclub in China where Sasha himself was djing, which was quite an experience, but glad I am pipe and slippers fella now, apart from listening to mixcloud and the like of course:)

Cheers and have a good un!

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
You could be right there Greg, it looks very realistic lol
it does look like a egg your probally right
Same here, I don't go out and glad I been there and done it, so to speak. I did happen to be at a nightclub in China where Sasha himself was djing, which was quite an experience, but glad I am pipe and slippers fella now, apart from listening to mixcloud and the like of course:)

Cheers and have a good un!
That happen to my brother he went to a night club in Norwich blow and behold Judge Jules was playing
I guess it's not the same as being in China though

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
Norwich, I remember hearing good things about clubbing there, think the uni had a decent nightclub, perhaps something to do with the student union but not sure. The Sasha and China thing was just pure luck/coincidence. I was looking through an expat website and he just happened to be DJing in the city I was teaching english in at the time, and I found out about it in advance at least a month or so before, memory is a bit hazy, and so made sure to snaffle a ticket for said event. Alas, clubbing was still in it's very early days for that country, and the night got shut down early, but sasha still got to rock it for 2 hours or so, after I think, Ricky Stone. Thanks for the replies bud!

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Norwich, I remember hearing good things about clubbing there, think the uni had a decent nightclub, perhaps something to do with the student union but not sure. The Sasha and China thing was just pure luck/coincidence. I was looking through an expat website and he just happened to be DJing in the city I was teaching english in at the time, and I found out about it in advance at least a month or so before, memory is a bit hazy, and so made sure to snaffle a ticket for said event. Alas, clubbing was still in it's very early days for that country, and the night got shut down early, but sasha still got to rock it for 2 hours or so, after I think, Ricky Stone. Thanks for the replies bud!
The bit were they hold the events up the uea is massive inside their is a massive bar at the back as well. A dance floor that will hold a fair amount of people then their is a area all around the dance floor it's a massive place their is a stage as well that is were the djs would be.

I don't live in Norwich anymore but I live 7 miles away from Peterborough what is a city as well but not as nice as Norwich.

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
Thanks for the reply Jigsaw.

That is right, I remember hearing it was a wicked night out, one of the best for students in the country. Never really been round your neck of the woods so thanks for letting me know!