Adverts on Discogs

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ive never had a problem with adverts on cogs until the last few days, tbh I never have any adds showing on any site.
I use adblock plus in firefox, but the last few days the cogs pages are full of adds, I've updated my adblocker etc, but still adds all over the shop...
Anyone else having the same probs ?

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
For Windows use,

Ghostery: Online Privacy Made Easy

For Mac use,

Cheers Monty (y)

I've now got adblock working properly again, for some reason the settings had been changed...
But i'm going to have a go with that one you have posted, always good to try something new...

Im also looking for something better than cc cleaner, it used to be good, but its really gone down hill now....

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Not seen any ads on my ogs?? They put that silly blog thing in a while ago but you can turn it off in settings.
Ive not noticed the blog thing, tbh I dont know why a lot of these site have to keep tinkering with things thinking they are making it better when it was fine in the first place, for me soundcloud has been the worst for it, hence I closed my account....

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Cheers Monty (y)

I've now got adblock working properly again, for some reason the settings had been changed...
But i'm going to have a go with that one you have posted, always good to try something new...

Im also looking for something better than cc cleaner, it used to be good, but its really gone down hill now....

If you are after powerful protection for Windows & willing to pay yearly i use these 2 software, ESET & Malwarebytes, ESET is a beast of a software it also has other goodies like blocking incoming/outgoing firewall protects you from the net scans your PC all that good stuff :cool:

ESET Internet Security for Windows | ESET

You most probably heard of Malwarebytes it works really well along with ESET blocks scammy scummy websites & it now has an ad blocker built in so i use Malwarebytes ad blocker along with Ghostery & also scans your PC & other good stuff :p

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Malwarebytes

She sells sea shells on the sea shore! :geek:

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
If you are after powerful protection for Windows & willing to pay yearly i use these 2 software, ESET & Malwarebytes, ESET is a beast of a software it also has other goodies like blocking incoming/outgoing firewall protects you from the net scans your PC all that good stuff :cool:

You most probably heard of Malwarebytes it works really well along with ESET blocks scammy scummy websites & it now has an ad blocker built in so i use Malwarebytes ad blocker along with Ghostery & also scans your PC & other good stuff :p

I have that track that that says that "She sells, sea shells, on the sea shore on the dance floor"

Reactions: Monty

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

I'm gonna give that virus software a go on the free trial, tbh Ive not had a virus on my pc for a few yrs now, I just use windows defender...

I dont dl from places I dont know , dont use any dodgy sites aka for films n stuff, I dont even use paypal anymore after a buyer on ebay ripped me off, ebay and paypal took his side despite them telling me on the phone they knew what he had done...

Ive only ever used the free version of Malwarebytes, it used to find stuff when I was using torrents etc a few yrs bk , but got rid of it a few months bk has its not found anything on my pc in 3 yrs...

Reactions: Monty