Activate All Nighters, Bradford early 90's

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lambretta

Jan 9, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi Folks.

I'm new to these forums - hope this is the right place to ask this quesiton.

I'm trying to track down anything I can about the Activate all nighters, they started out as illegal raves but by the time I got to Bradford in 91 they were going on at the Queens Hall as licensed do's strating at 12pm until 8am (no alchohol naturally). I did graffitti for them a few times and helped with general organising from time to time.

If anyone has any flyers, posters, tapes or just memories I'd love to here from you.

They were fairly pioneering times in my humble opinion, and the Activate lot would think nothing of booking Vertigo (played frequently) and C J Bolland on the same night, something which would've been laughed at once dance music became so heavily catagorised soon after.

Very fond memories of seeing Nipper in there, JJ Frost and many others :cool:

Great site this, been a cracking wander down memory lane so far!
Cheers
Julian

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
got a vauge memory of all nighters at queens hall i went down there after a tollerence at rio campus or poss palm cove once, dont remember too much but remember having a good night:D

lambretta

Jan 9, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
got a vauge memory of all nighters at queens hall i went down there after a tollerence at rio campus or poss palm cove once, dont remember too much but remember having a good night:D

Christ I'd forgotten all about Tolerance!

I've got a bunch of photo's here that I'll have to scan in sometime of the Activates, definately some of Nipper and Frost playing, not sure what else off the top of my head.

Bootleg

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2010
I was thinking about this club the other day. I remember the big sign, never went tho as I was too young.

scottf

Dec 28, 2010
Bradford

I went to some night in Bradford one time - the building was a round shape like a huge polo mint, was a bit odd because when you walked round it, it was like it went on forever, haha, and you never quite knew where you were in it. Not sure what it was called.

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
I went to some night in Bradford one time - the building was a round shape like a huge polo mint, was a bit odd because when you walked round it, it was like it went on forever, haha, and you never quite knew where you were in it. Not sure what it was called.

sounds like that could have been Rio campus. you could walk all around the outer of the dancefloor, i think there were a couple of pool tables in the far corner too, but the memories are a bit hazy :fekked:

HHBradford90's

Oct 26, 2023
I was going to Sundance at the Capricorn club at that time, never heard that there were all nighters going on down the road.
Oh my word yes I also went to capricorn Sundance night with Bibbi pn the door they later bought the Venue on City Road Bring it back to dance like we used to in a pub or bar would be fantastic