1210 MK2 phono cables replace/repair

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ok so one of my 1210 mk2 leads got trapped in the lid of my flight case, pretty much chopped it all the way through.
I've done a dodgy repair, jointed them with small connectors and insulation tape :oops:
But I have to make sure the joints arnt to close or I get hum and feed bk etc ....

Anyway I have seen a few vids online regards replacing the complete lead, I have never done any electrical soldering in my life, so probs not worth me taking the risk doing it myself.

Does anyone know anbody they could do the job who is near Leicester or Cov area, also what sort of price would it be?
also I have heard its best to replace the other one aswell, not sure how true that is, but it does sort of makes sense.

Any help very much appreciated (y)

Last edited:

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
I've never had mine serviced Johnny, never needed to tbh but i would deffo have them both done, no point in doing just 1, surely you will hear the difference. Can't recommend anyone but sure there will be someone ner you.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I've never had mine serviced Johnny, never needed to tbh but i would deffo have them both done, no point in doing just 1, surely you will hear the difference. Can't recommend anyone but sure there will be someone ner you.
Yes I think thats why they say have both done etc..
Ive seen a guy online that does a full basic service for 150£ for 2 decks, but hes in bloody essex, thats the problem these days, we have lost all our little electrical repair places, tbh its seems to be the chuck away dont fix world we live in now...

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Yes I think thats why they say have both done etc..
Ive seen a guy online that does a full basic service for 150£ for 2 decks, but hes in bloody essex, thats the problem these days, we have lost all our little electrical repair places, tbh its seems to be the chuck away dont fix world we live in now...
I think their is a guy on ebay who does it for £150 but your need to post them might the same guy.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
you should have all decks service once in a while or that start to lose their perfect wow & flutter you compare a serviced one to a none service one it will have better wow & flutter. your meant to oil the platter bearings once in a while on the technics or that can cause it own problems it easy to do on technics on my Stanton i had to take the whole lid off. it did not stop them being shit they were still shit. I think all the decks made in that harpin factory are shit.

i understand its a pain as you have to post them of and your going to lose them for a while and turntables are really easy to damage in the post as i have found out.

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
you should have all decks service once in a while or that start to lose their perfect wow & flutter you compare a serviced one to a none service one it will have better wow & flutter. your meant to oil the platter bearings once in a while on the technics or that can cause it own problems it easy to do on technics on my Stanton i had to take the whole lid off. it did not stop them being shit they were still shit. I think all the decks made in that harpin factory are shit.

i understand its a pain as you have to post them of and your going to lose them for a while and turntables are really easy to damage in the post as i have found out.
Greg I wont be posting 1 deck or 2 decks anywhere, I will want to drop them offf in person and collect in person....
Imagine the card through the door, your parcel x 2 is in the black whelley bino_O:cry::ROFLMAO: